Expressions of Interest for CEO Gladstone Industry Leadership Group
Advertiser: NRG Gladstone Operating ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Aug 2019
- Gladstone & Central QLD
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
Gladstone is one of Australia’s major industrial hubs and includes:
- Two world scale alumina refineries,
- Australia and New Zealand’s second largest aluminium smelter,
- Queensland’s largest single power station,
- Australia’s largest cement works,
- The world’s third largest producer of mining chemicals, and
- Queensland’s largest multi-commodity port.
For issues of mutual regional concern, the Gladstone Industry Leadership Group (GILG) influences these major operational industries in all aspects of ‘corporate citizenship’, safety, environment and sustainability, and workforce practices in Gladstone. To do this, GILG facilitates those member industries working together and actively promotes their interests in the Gladstone region. It promotes new ways of thinking and acting regionally, by participating in planning for the whole Gladstone region and through consulting with affected residents and organisations.
The current CEO has significantly raised the profile of GILG in local industry but is now moving on to pursue other opportunities, and as a result GILG is now seeking a new CEO to continue that critical role.
Objectives of the role:
The CEO has two major responsibilities. First to set GILG’s vision and direction and second to ensure that GILG delivers its operational plan.
The CEO’s core responsibilities are to provide leadership and strategic direction to: work with GILG’s members, build strong communication channels with key community members, develop mutual goals, deliver and measure the performance of these goals and grow GILG.
Knowledge / Experience required
- Business Experience
- Leadership in a regional context
- Stakeholder engagement especially management of members in an association
- Management of organisational change processes
- Management of community affairs, conflict resolution and community issues
- Working with a Board of Directors especially in interpreting the strategic direction and objectives of a Board
- Media management and communications
- Community development and active community involvement
- Formal qualifications in environmental science, industry, manufacturing, engineering or resource management
Other key attributes
A full job description will be provided but the successful candidate will display;
- Background knowledge of the Gladstone area
- An understanding of industry and community concerns in Gladstone or a similar region
- Proven business development skills and knowledge
- Exceptional stakeholder relationship and influencing skills
- Strong experience in media relations
- Flexible, pro-active and enthusiastic team player with an unrelenting drive to deliver results.
- Experience in preparation of Board Papers, briefs and Minutes,
- independent self-directed,
- Familiar with requirements for small business financial accounts, budgets and ASIC requirements.
The CEO is the key representative and public face of GILG.
Key relationships will include:
- Chair and members of the GILG Board
- Local Authorities
- GILG member advisory committees
- community stakeholders
- community groups and other non-industry membership functions
- Government agencies (local, state and national).
Applications are now called for this important CEO position and can be made by submitting your CV and a relevant cover letter via this website.
Applications will close on 23 August 2019.
For further information on this role please contact Nigel Warrington on 0429134716
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a chief executive officer?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?