Chief Operations Officer - USA
Advertiser: PointsBetMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Aug 2019
- Americas, USA & Canada
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, COO & MD
About the role
PointsBet is seeking an exceptional Chief Operating Officer with broad, hands-on operational skills to lead our US company through our next stage of growth, based in Denver, Colorado.The Chief Operating Officer (COO) - USA will serve as a key member of PointsBet’s executive leadership team, reporting directly to the PointsBet USA CEO as a trusted strategist and operational expert.
The COO will provide the overall vision, direction, strategy, leadership, and management necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and systems in place to effectively scale the organization and ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. This is a highly influential and impactful role where collaboration is essential to success as we operate in close unison with our other international divisions.
The ideal candidate for this position will combine operations leadership expertise with strong business acumen, superior relationship building skills, strong strategic and analytical skills, diverse experiences, and maturity. Candidates must demonstrate experience driving innovation, being proactive with technology and people, and collaborating to develop, implement, and measure business unit goals, objectives, and capabilities.
- Partner with the CEO to develop, manage, and communicate long term operational strategies in support of the overarching company strategy.
- Continuously reinvent our operational practices to refine business model using a data-driven approach to gauge impact, monitor performance metrics and create efficiencies.
- Inspire maximum performance and dedication in employees through consistent and clear articulation of goals and company objectives.
- Maintain an ethical work environment, compliant with responsible gambling and all federal, state & legal requirements
- Champion the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of organizational management protocols, practices, and tools.
- Analyze and develop strategies to align organizational priorities with financial resources and outcomes.
- Write and submit recommendations and reports to the CEO on operational performance.
- Assess principle risks of the organization and respond accordingly.
- Review, develop, and measure KPIs and metrics; set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- Participate in expansion activities (e.g. investments, acquisitions, corporate activity).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level.
- Minimum of 10+ years of operational experience; proven operational success in gaming, sports or technology sectors is a bonus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral, as well as exceptional listening skills.
- Hunger, must have the desire to be a driving force as PointsBet strives to take full opportunity of the recently legalized sports betting market in the USA.
- Superior leadership skills, including the ability to develop trust and credibility, lead by example, and motivate high-performing teams with emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, plan, and support and inspire an organization including forecasting, developing and implementing organizational initiatives.
- Ability to think strategically, tactically, and creatively in the face of complex challenges.
- Ability to diagnose problems that impede success and take decisive action to address them.
- Knowledge of sports betting highly advantageous
Launched in the United States in January 2019, PointsBet is currently the fastest growing online sportsbook in New Jersey and is rapidly expanding its U.S. footprint, as illustrated by recent successes in Colorado, Illinois, Iowa and beyond. PointsBet is the only online bookmaker to offer points betting – a completely new and innovative way to bet – and has also introduced a slew well-received, bettor-first initiatives.
Originally founded in Australia, PointsBet is a cutting-edge bookmaker that prides itself on having the quickest and most user-friendly app (iOS and Android) while also providing the best content and experience for sports bettors – a company staple that has primed PointsBet for success as we look to continue to take the world of sports betting by storm.
How to apply
PointsBet is dedicated to a culture of high performance and ensuring our staff are set up to deliver their best. We offer a fast-paced, dynamic and very inclusive work environment where emphasis is placed on our most important asset – our people. If you are especially passionate about sports and looking for a new opportunity to work in an atmosphere that values people, opportunity and a commitment to excellence, then is the place for you!
Please submit your cover letter (tell us why we should take a punt you) & resume by clicking Apply Now. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.