Innovative Solutions Technician
Advertiser: Stretchy TechMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Aug 2019
- Work Type
- Trades & Services, Technicians
About the business
Stretchy Tech brings life-changing results to people living with disability with customised inclusive technology. We have a whole-life approach. Our solutions are focused on increasing independence, dignity, well-being and freedom, both at home and in the community. Our solutions won't set individuals apart from mainstream society If anything, they will set individuals ahead.
Nothing out of reach - That's our tag-line because we want individuals to go big on their goals and your aspirations. It's our job to empower them to reach what they want with inclusive technology. We use a range of mainstream technologies to achieve this including: Apple, Amazon, Google, Samsung, z-wave, Fibaro etc.
We are passionate technology geeks - The kinds of people who can't wait to play with the latest and greatest tech in a rapidly moving field. Our team includes top level occupational therapists- The kinds who think outside the square and work collaboratively with our customers. We are skilled at working with people living with all types of disability. We work directly with individuals as well as offer specialist consultancy services to Service Planners, OT's, Personal Support Agencies and Government.
Check us out at: www.stretchytech.org.au
About the role
We are growing our team.If you are successful in this position you will work as part of a small team on the technical aspects of our innovative work. This will involve a mix of hands on installations and engaging with complementary trades.
Our technology services are based around a customer and family-centred philosophy, in which all team members, and external consultants collaborate to achieve the goals identified by individuals and their families. The successful candidate will possess strong technical skills along with professional and ethical values that align with our philosophy.
Benefits and perks
What do we offer?
- An exciting opportunity to expand your skills to enable material impact on the independence of people living with disability;
- Develop and apply your knowledge of inclusive technology and home automation;
- Work with a committed team to establish and grow an innovative technology enterprise
- Access to Stretchy Tech's employee benefits programs, including competitive salary and benefits package (including generous salary packaging options)
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Proven hands on experience in home automation, security, audio visual or related industry
- Hold an open cablers registration licence and undertaken accreditation studies in relevant technology
- Adept computer ability and knowledge, sound construction knowledge, an understanding of building drawings, IP networks/modems/routers
- Interest in identify and analyse current and emerging technology opportunities
- Ability to adapt, maintain and commission inclusive technology including smart devices, wearables and switches
- An inquisitive and analytical mindset, with the ability to self-start and analyse the potential of emerging technology, to fault find, diagnose and test solution which achieve a positive difference in people's life
- Capacity to provide superior engineering solutions and to work alongside marginalised and vulnerable individuals.
- Capacity to work alongside Occupational Therapist to deliver practical solutions for people living with disability
- Liaise with other roles within the organisation, to ensure that relevant information, trends, issues or developments are provided in an effective way to enhance the work of others
- Ability to work unsupervised in the field, plan logistics, problem solve on the job and meet deliverables relating to budget and timelines.
- Deeply felt value base in support of improving the life chances for people living with disability and their families being active valued members of mainstream community life
- Demonstrated ability to meet building site requirements, industry code, safe work and operating procedures and contribute to a harmonious, safe and healthy workplace, free of harassment, unlawful discrimination and bullying and where diversity is valued.
How to apply
Address your application to Mr Geoff Barber, Chief Operating Officer, Stretchy Tech. Applications can be submitted via Seek or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will commence the short listing process on the 30 August 2019
If you would like to discuss this role please feel welcome to email us at email@example.com