Application Support Analyst
Advertiser: Forest Grove TechnologyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Aug 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Application Support Analyst
Headquartered in the heart of the Perth CBD, Forest Grove Technology is a leading supplier of FP&A and analytics solutions across Australia and New Zealand. Partnering with Prophix (www.prophix.com), KNIME (www.knime.com), Tableau (www.tableau.com) and other innovative business applications, we deliver budgeting, forecasting, management reporting, visualisation and data analytics services.
Our customer base is rapidly growing and consists of some of Australia’s largest organisations and government entities from a broad range of industry sectors including mining, government, health care, aged care, not for profit, financial services, agribusiness, manufacturing and distribution/services.
Due to continued growth in our ANZ customer base an opportunity has been created for a motivated and enthusiastic Individual to join our Perth team.
The Application Support Analyst (ASA) proactively seeks solutions for our clients' various technical and product related issues. Client focused this position requires an individual who is comfortable and confident when working remotely with our customer base. The ASA should have an excellent technical grasp on software and hardware, balanced by strong problem solving and customer management skills.
Reporting to our Perth based Operations Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of application related tasks, including:
- Troubleshooting all applications related helpdesk tickets
- Working closely with project teams to troubleshoot and ensure that recurring issues are highlighted.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to Forest Grove customers, partners and internal staff.
- Work independently and proactively to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Manage issue escalation
- Manage customer expectations regarding issue priority, resolution time and workaround acceptance
- Proactively communicate with customers to ensure a positive customer experience
- Conduct detailed technical diagnostics of customer issues
- Leveraging internal knowledge base, technical resources and supporting staff to resolve or escalate customer issues
Skills & attributes for success:
- Diploma or degree with a Computing, Business or Accounting focus
- Strong problem solving skills to diagnose and logically resolve customer problems using experience, good judgment, and acquired knowledge of our application pool.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritise workload
- Application support work experience.
- Must have understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Windows Server.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is an asset.
- Experience with remote assistance technology is an asset.
- Working knowledge of accounting or financial applications is an asset.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a tech-savvy and customer focused individual who wishes to be involved in one of the software industry’s fastest growing sectors.
Candidates must live in the Perth area and have the right to work in Australia.
If this role describes you, please send your application including a one page cover letter and resume (including references).
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?