Advertiser: DA Hall & Co Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Aug 2019
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Horticulture
About the business and the role
DA Hall & Co is a privately-owned agribusiness that operates one of the largest poultry farms in Australia. The business employs over 250 people across its farming operations based at Millmerran, an hour west of Toowoomba. Its operations are vertically integrated, covering the entire supply chain from chick rearing, grain production, stockfeed milling, egg grading and poultry production across all layer systems Cage, Cage free, Free Range and Organic. The company has in-house service teams encompassing vaccination, bird relocation, veterinary and nutrition.
With our continued growth and expansion, DA Hall & Co are seeking the skill and knowledge of a Groundsman/Gardener to maintain our gardens/grounds. The ideal candidate will have a passion for landscaping and gardening in a diverse working environment.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The Groundsman/Gardener is responsible to monitor and maintain the entire farm, including the perimeter, with a focus on sustainability.
Key functions of the role include:
- Use equipment provided to maintain the gardens/grounds to the standard required - trimming, pruning, mowing, weed spraying, watering and fertilizing plants as required for all grounds and gardens;
- Day to day maintenance of plants and monitor/action plant health;
- Plant new plants and shrubs as directed;
- Day to day maintenance of the cleanliness and access of all roads;
- Removal of dead plants/trees from farm and perimeter;
- Maintain regular service of all equipment used;
- Removal and disposal of rubbish from farm;
- Understand and ensure implementation of quarantine and biosecurity standards;
- Consistent compliance with all legislative regulations eg WH&S, Animal Welfare, etc;
- Actively supporting the company's Stewardship and Community programs focussing on making a positive contribution to the local and wider communities.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following key strengths:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in plant, shrub and tree identification and maintenance of same;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement sustainable processes with a focus on continuous improvement;
- A working knowledge of regulatory requirements, workplace health and safety, animal welfare and biosecurity;
- Effective communication skills;
- Self-motivated and genuine commitment to the farm unit, as if it was your own.
Job benefits and perks
DA Hall & Co offers a variety of opportunities for personal and professional development and career advancement for the right individual who demonstrates a willingness to learn and a commitment to its business values.
Please take the time to learn more about us - www.dahall.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in horticulture?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?