Strategic Communications Manager
Advertiser: NGO RecruitmentMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Aug 2019
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Management
- Help create an engaged, cohesive Australia through strong community media
- Lead a collaborative organisation-wide project to review and renew the brand
- Part-time role (0.6 FTE), 15 month fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave
The Community Broadcasting Foundation (CBF) is a champion of community media - Australia’s largest independent media sector, a key pillar in the media landscape and a strong contributor to our cultural fabric.
The community media sector reaches more than 6 million Australian listeners and viewers every week. From major cities to remote communities, Community Broadcasting Foundation grants inspire people to create, support and listen to local, independent media.
Each year the CBF distributes more than $18 million in funding so community media organisations can communicate, connect and share knowledge with their audiences through independent radio, television and digital media.
Benefits & Culture
- Competitive salary plus 15.4% super and packaging
- Flexible, family-friendly and collaborative work environment
- Additional annual leave over the festive break
- Parkville location close to parklands and easy access to public transport
- Autonomous role requiring strategic thinking and a hands-on approach
Reporting to the Executive Officer and working closely with other team members, you will be continuously improving and implementing the CBF communications strategy. Managing the brand and building awareness to maximise supporter engagement, you will help the community media sector to expand its positive social impact across the country.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implementing the CBF brand review as pre-approved by the Board
- Leveraging internal and external channels to showcase the CBF’s impact
- Plan and produce a range of high quality content for timely distribution
- Contribute to the development of collateral to support fundraising initiatives
- Improve engagement with online platforms including website and social media
- Develop and deliver publications including newsletters, articles and reports
You are a driven and accomplished communications professional with the ability to combine strategic, creative and analytical thinking with a flexible hands-on approach.
You can also demonstrate:
- Proven success in developing and implementing brand strategy
- Outstanding interpersonal communication to influence and manage stakeholders
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong planning and time management to ensure competing deadlines are met
- A track record and passion for delivering high quality work
Develop and implement strategic communications for a leading player in the community media sector. Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required. Alternatively, please call James Stewart on 03 8319 4090 for a further discussion.