Chief Executive Officer - Major Events Gold CoastPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Aug 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- CEO & General Management, CEO
- New Major Events Company
- Contribute to the Gold Coast’s reputation as an event destination
- Lead a diverse and dynamic team of events professionals
Major Events Gold Coast (MEGC) is a new entity established by the City of Gold Coast to grow and enhance the city’s reputation as an event destination. The Chief Executive Officer, reporting to an independent skills-based board, will lead the establishment and development of the company.
MEGC will achieve its aims by:
- Increasing the number of major events held each year, and by expanding the calendar of events across the whole year.
- While maintaining and growing the current major events precincts of Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach and Coolangatta, spreading the geographical range of events to include other parts of the Gold Coast.
The new company will commence with three existing tasks:
- Ownership, continued delivery and growth of a number of established major events e.g. Blues on Broadbeach, Surfers Paradise LIVE, Seafire, Groundwater Country Music Festival, Cooly Rocks On.
- Provision of support to, and collaboration with, the organisers of major events such as GC600, GC Marathon.
- Encouraging the development of events leveraging the legacy benefits from the Gold Coast’s Commonwealth Games and other community facilities.
From this strong base, we are looking for someone with the drive and vision to take the city as an events destination to the next level, with new ideas and events of national and international status to complement and grow the events calendar across a broad spectrum, including sport, arts and culture, lifestyle and music.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of leadership, preferably in an organisation relevant to the delivery of major events. You will have a passion for event development and delivery, combined with demonstrated commercial skills, particularly in budget management and contract negotiation. You will also be able to show that you are an inclusive leader able to foster an innovative culture and lead a creative team.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Mark Harvey on 0478 521 077.
Applications for this position, including a covering letter and curriculum vitae should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday August 21.