Advertiser: Wallara Australia LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Not just a career… ON A MISSION to make social change happen for people with different abilities!
How we roll:
- Be creative and push the boundaries
- Think client first
- Do the right thing
- Together we make a difference
- Have fun and celebrate awesomeness
Wallara Australia is a highly innovative non-profit organisation based in South East Melbourne. We promote social inclusion through creative initiatives that deepen relationships and create real impact in society for Australia's largest minority group – people with disability.
We deliver support differently; our support coaches are unique and bring their own talents to their support role.
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Support Coordinator to join our team in a part time capacity (22.5 hours per week, days and times negotiable, flexible arrangements available).
Your responsibilities will include delivering on projects and operational tasks in the areas of:
- Understanding and interpreting NDIS legislation and funding including the NDIS price guide & the NDIS Outcomes Framework
- Supporting participants to understand supports in their plan and utilise networks and resources to identify, link and coordinate supports for participants including community, informal and funded supports
- Empower participants to activate their NDIS plans and ensuring outcomes are met through their allocated support coordination hours
If you are proactive, creative, an innovative thinker and really up for a new challenge to sink your teeth into, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll need to succeed
- Minimum of 1 year previous experience in Support Coordination
- A strong understanding of the NDIS and disability sector
- Experience in supporting participants to secure accommodation (SIL/SDA or private rental) will be highly regarded
- A passion for supporting people with disabilities to achieve the best they can – bring your special talents to their experience!
- Excellent communication skills; ability to prevent and resolve issues and to build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to advocate and promote community inclusion and person centred support that exceeds standards and is delivered within the available resources – be creative!
- Effective written communication skills and computer literacy in order to complete appropriate documentation
- Resourceful and innovative approach to creating opportunities for those we support – make social change happen
- Experience in delivering on individualised plans
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to think laterally
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Commitment to exceptional service delivery and a demonstrated professional approach to work
- Commitment to the principles of WHS, EEO, Cultural Diversity and all relevant legislation
A copy of the position description is available on our website www.wallara.com.au
- Right to work in Australia
- Mandatory police check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check will be conducted
- Full Victorian drivers licence and have regular access to a car
- Certificate in First Aid Level 2 + CPR
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Certificate IV in Disability, Community Services, Individual Support or equivalent qualification) is essential
- A supportive and collaborative work culture
- Competitive salary including salary packaging options
- Professional development and training
- Career opportunities and pathways
- Access to employee benefits and discounts
How to apply
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding role please apply through Seek by COB 26 August 2019. Applications must include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. For any queries, please contact Naomi on 9767 3317 or email@example.com Please note only applications that meet the criteria will be considered.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the requirements of the position.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a support coordinator?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Do you have customer service experience?