Health Policy Officer - Indigenous Health
Advertiser: Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Aug 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Government & Defence, Policy, Planning & Regulation
- Indigenous Health Organisation
- Salary: $84,150 + superannuation
- Attractive health promotion charity salary packaging
- 12 month contract
QAIHC is a non-partisan peak organisation representing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Controlled Health Organisations (ATSICCHOs) across Queensland at both state and national level. Our members deliver comprehensive and culturally appropriate, world class primary health care services to their communities.
The Senior Policy Officer will advocate for the Sector by supporting the development of health policy and initiatives and provide advice, analysis and options on a range of health policy matters.
What we are looking for
- Specific policy development knowledge.
- Understanding of relevant state and federal government decision making process.
- Exceptional relationship skills and an ability to engage with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Highly developed influential writing skills.
- Understanding of the ATSICCHOs and the issues facing them.
- Demonstrated experience of working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and their leaders, respecting traditional culture, values and ways of doing business.
- Clinical health sector background - highly desirable; and
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and demonstrated experience in a similar role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, obtain an application pack or any query, please email - email@example.com.
Please apply only via this method.
Applications are required by midnight on Sunday 25th August 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a policy officer?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your highest level of education?