- Job Listing Date
- 8 Aug 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Other
KPMG's Resource Management team's primary function is to support the business to ensure the efficient and effective use of the firm's resources. As trusted business advisors, the team is responsible for the allocation of individuals to upcoming projects based on required skill sets and sector experience. Further, the role works closely with key stakeholders in the business to correspond resource needs with availability, as well as working with other members from the team to share information, ideas, workloads, and apply consistent best practice.
We now have a fantastic opportunity to join our growing Audit, Assurance and Risk Consulting (AARC) Resource Management team in Sydney supporting the Audit & Assurance business.
Reporting to the National Resource Manager for AARC, the Resource Manager for Audit & Assurance works as a key member of this team, whose primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Driving greater efficiency in resource deployment by providing business stakeholders with visibility/options of resource capacity and capabilities to enable resource optimisation and cross resourcing
- Ensuring an optimal staffing mix on client engagements including leverage model considerations
- Managing scheduling requests and providing resourcing solutions to a variety of stakeholders
- Providing strategic workforce planning advice to leadership on forecasted headcount needs, resourcing requirements, staff mix and resourcing trends
- Providing analysis to senior stakeholders on resource management reporting
- Working with the offshore data entry team to ensure data accuracy with the firm's scheduling tool (Retain)
- Assisting the National Resource Management team to find suitable internal resources for projects.
- Proactively following up items that may impact schedule accuracy, including upcoming capacity within the team and forecasted projects awaiting confirmation.
- Identifying upcoming conflicts and suggesting potential alternatives.
- Taking ownership for the education of client facing staff on resource management practices.
How are you Extraordinary?
The successful applicant will possess the following characteristics:
- Previous Resource Management experience or experience within a similar field (e.g. Recruitment, Workforce Planning), preferably in a professional services environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Sound conflict resolution and negotiating skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- A positive attitude, with the ability to work autonomously and take responsibility for actions, outcomes and deliverables.
- A flexible and resilient approach.
- Proficiency in MS applications, particularly Outlook and Excel.
- Attention to detail.
- Degree qualification or similar (preferred).
The KPMG Difference
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing [link removed]
Flexibility enables contribution to the community [link removed]
Flexibility inspires technology [link removed] & innovation
Flexibility [link removed] supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!