- Job Listing Date
- 8 Aug 2019
- Sydney, Ryde & Macquarie Park
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Conservation, Parks & Wildlife
- Permanent part-time opportunity 20 hours per month
- Current NSW Drivers Licence, Working with Children Check, First Aid Certificate and Chemical application (AQF3 accreditation) is required
- Salary range of $56,344 - $61,979 p.a. + superannuation (pro-rata)
About the role
Are you an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with a passion for bush regeneration and working with volunteers? If so, an outstanding opportunity is awaiting you at City of Ryde.
As a Bushcare Supervisor, you will be a key member of our Environment team who are responsible for the care and management of City Of Ryde's natural areas.
Your role will focus on providing supervision of volunteers working in the City of Ryde Bushcare Program. This is a hands-on role, requiring to on-ground supervision, bush regeneration activities such as spot spraying, minor erosion control, planting activities and associated site management planning and reporting.
- Experience in the supervision of Bushcare volunteers (or similar) is necessary
- A good understanding and commitment to environmental issues relating to the conservation of natural areas
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build productive relationships with community groups
Your commencing salary will be $56,344 - $61,979 p.a. + superannuation (pro-rata) with the actual level dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Your working conditions include on-going training & development, modern offices at North Ryde close to public transport, and the opportunity for future salary progression.
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. You do not need a password to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process (Note: you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria).
Interested? If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Sandra Payne on (02) 9952 8257 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Sunday 25 August 2019 at 11.30 pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer