Student Engagement and Admin Support Officer
Advertiser: EduCo International Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
Southern Cross University’s (SCU) branch campuses in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth offer international students the opportunity to study at one of Australia's highly ranked and innovative public universities in three of Australia's most popular international student destinations. Young, progressive and connected, SCU offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in accounting, business administration and information technology with a strong focus on producing career-ready graduates.
The Southern Cross University branch campuses are part of EduCo International Group, a diversified, post-secondary education company dedicated to helping international students achieve their academic and career goals. EduCo manages and operates private colleges and works with public and not-for-profit universities in growing the student community and the creation of specialised on-campus pathway programs in Australia, Canada, Ireland and the United States.
EduCo conducts academic courses on behalf of Southern Cross University at Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide support to the students of SCU working as part of the Student Services Team, delivering outstanding customer service and administrative support. The suitable candidate will possess a strong focus on student-facing administrative support.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Customer Service – Motivation and Retention
• Primary point of contact for all student –facing, phone and email enquiries at SCU Melbourne Campus
• Provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders
• Respond quickly and effectively to all enquiries, escalating enquiries if appropriate
• Accurately maintain student records on the CRM
• Coordinate overseas student health cover membership (OSHC)
• Process student administrative forms
• Liaising across multiple departments to ensure consistency and efficiency in relation to process and procedure
• Establish and work with student representative group(s)
• Organise, coordinate and promote student activities, including orientation, enrolment, student identification cards, student surveys, social events, and other activities related to student engagement
• Coordinate and update student communication channels regularly and in a timely manner
• Engage with students who have not yet paid their fees and/or not yet enrolled to ensure deadlines for these activities are met
• Be an Ambassador for SCU by providing excellent customer service to meet the needs of a diverse student community
• Facilitate the borrowing of textbooks and laptops and provide basic library services advice to students
• Trouble-shooting IT services and providing basic IT advice to students
Office and Facilities
• Manage all mail and deliveries to and from the campus
• Report building facility faults and monitor subsequent action plans
• Maintenance and provision of stationery, catering equipment and kitchen supplies
• Other general office administrative duties that facilitate daily operations
Qualifications, Experience & Technical Skills:
• Demonstrated outstanding customer services skills and experience
• Demonstrated experience in an administrative role
• Computing competency and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team
• Superior written and verbal skills
• Ability to simultaneously work on a number of projects
• Ability to meet ongoing deadlines
• Eligibility to work in Australia
• An understanding of the Australian tertiary education system
• Experience in the education sector
In return, you will have the opportunity to work for an organisation that has a fun and friendly environment and that takes pride in the learning outcomes achieved by their students.
For interested candidates, please attach your CV and a brief cover letter.
*Please note that due to the large number of applications only successful applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?