Administrative Support OfficerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
This position provides administrative support to managers, staff and student administration and has a key role in the management and safe custody of students’ records and related documents. The role is to be performed with high standards of service to external and internal clients.
- Assist in setting up student records in a hardcopy format in line with record management policy, protocols and procedure.
- Assist with assigning new enrolling students to class groups and provide class group lists for the information of Teaching and Learning department and appropriate Support Services staff.
- Photocopy and scan assessment checklist for all units and all students, placing hardcopy in student’s file and on the Student Record Management System
- Photo copy/scan/index/file documents such as student records, results, academic papers etc in both hardcopy and electronic format in line with filing and record management policy, protocols and procedure.
- Answering, screening and directing incoming telephone calls, email or face to face enquiries; dealing with routine matters and referring to departmental personnel as appropriate.
- Assist Support Services staff in the provision of advice to students regarding enrolment procedures and requirements and process requests for information in line with AIE protocols and policies, ESOS Act 2000, ESOS regulations, the AQF, TPS, NVR SNRs and the National Code of Practice.
- Participate in other projects or functions as requested by management.
- Attend meetings as required.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Technical Knowledge - Knowledge of all areas of the institution, such as filing protocols, student timetables, enrolment procedures, visa regulations, etc
- Change Management – Ability to manage changes in the Support Services function as required
- Processes - Process savvy but not obsessed, clearly able to drive activities in a well administered manner
- Client Focus – meeting and exceeding immediate and future needs of students, directors, support services, and academic staff.
·Strong Communication - Demonstrates patient, friendly, approachable disposition and attitude within the Institution – expressing opinions appropriately, listening to the message being delivered, and appropriately managing errors and possible conflicts
- Teamwork – Works efficiently and effectively with the team to achieve group goals
- Action / initiative - Works to meet objectives before being asked or required to do so
- Composure - Remains focused on the task and goal under stressful and challenging circumstances
- Problem solving/Decision Making/Judgment - Demonstrates the ability to make timely and effective decisions and knows when to escalate
- Quality of Work - Pays attention to detail and quality of work produced, ensuring excellence and always seeking ways to improve outputs
- Written Communication - Effectively translates ideas and concepts into clear and concise reports and documents
- Continuous improvement – Demonstrates ongoing drive to continuously develop one’s own skills and competencies to assist the continued/ongoing growth and success of the company.
Deliver all aspects of the job –
- Completion of all tasks with 100% accuracy and adhering to daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly routines and deadlines.
- Information provided and work completed is compliant with all relevant legislation, protocols, etc
- Makes positive contribution to Institution and supports the team goals.
- Any issues identified are dealt with quickly and efficiently with minimal disruption to the business
- Courteous prompt and timely response to all student, agent, academic staff, management queries.
- Customer service to staff is exemplary – 95% of feedback from internal and external clients is excellent
- Relationships with key stakeholders, including internal and external clients, are managed professionally with the long term relationship, top of mind in all communications – feedback to AIE is positive and these organisations ; including students want to continue the business relationship.
- 100% accuracy in relation to correctly indexing and filing student records
Experience and Education:
- Demonstrated experience in an administrative function within a customer service oriented or educational institution
- Some knowledge of the hospitality education industry and would be highly regarded.
- Awareness of other cultures and needs of international students in a VET/ELICOS environment
- Experience with managing a student records management system
- Demonstrated ability at a basic to intermediate level in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic knowledge of the scope of legislation and regulation, legal compliance, risk management affecting records keeping and their application in an education environment
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?