- Job Listing Date
- 8 Aug 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Conservation, Parks & Wildlife
City of Gold Coast
The Gold Coast is one of the fastest growing cities in Australia with a diverse population, combining exciting challenges with the kind of lifestyle few cities can boast about.
At City of Gold Coast, our commitment to a shared set of values shapes 'How We Do Things' – our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving the City Vision and our many city priorities.
- We aim high – we are passionate about delivering the best for our city
- We add value – we are innovative and make the most of every opportunity
- We work as a team – our people are great individually, but unstoppable together
- We take responsibility – we are committed to working safely, being trustworthy and owning our actions
About the Position
Located in the Lifestyle and Community Directorate, the Parks and Recreational Services Branch plans and manages a diverse network of high-quality parks, conservation areas, open spaces and recreational facilities; develops and implements programs for outdoor social and physical activities, protects and improves the city’s biodiversity and contributes to city walk ability, cooling and beautification through a comprehensive greening program.
Sitting within the Natural Areas Management Unit (NAMU) this position is responsible for delivering on ground revegetation works (including assisted regeneration and other ecological restoration processes) in accordance with the City Plan Offset Policy and the Environmental Offset External Investment Governance Policy to ensure legislative requirements and the City’s goals and objectives are met. This includes developing, implementing and monitoring offset projects with funding provided by both internal and external clients
Key deliverables of the position:
- Simultaneously manage multiple large scale offset projects and each of these projects will likely be in different phases of the project cycle.
- Provide expert technical ecological restoration advice to help ensure that the City’s large scale revegetation offset projects are successful.
- Manage all monitoring requirements of the offset projects, as required
- Preparation of annual reports for our external offset partners in accordance with contract commitments
- As a one of several Requestion Officers for the Natural Areas Contract, the position will be responsible for the management of contracted restoration works (including managing budgets, ordering works, communicating effectively with contractors, making payments, undertaking site inspections and auditing project works)
- Responsible for procurement and financial reporting in SAP, as well as ensuring that all external contractors and consultants comply with relevant WHS legislation and CoGC policies and procedures
- Do you have excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, with high level project management skills and the ability to plan and manage budgets for ecological restoration projects?
- Do you have experience in ecological restoration, including large scale revegetation projects and the ability to provide expert technical ecological restoration advice?
- Are you passionate about restoration and contributing to a greener, more sustainable City?
What We Offer
Working for the City of Gold Coast is both challenging and rewarding. You will enjoy working within a culture that promotes a healthy work life balance with 9 day fortnights coupled with a friendly and supportive team where you will be recognised and rewarded. We offer professional development training and provide study assistance to enhance your career progression. Competitive remuneration on offer plus up to 12% superannuation contribution and options to salary sacrifice.
How to Apply
You will need to have an eRecruit account in order to apply for this position. Please select “Apply Now” and follow the on-screen prompts to complete and submit your current resume and cover letter. For more details, please call the Contact Person listed on the advertisement. For queries or issues regarding the eRecruit system please phone 1300 465 326 during Business Hours.
As part of our selection process, you may be required to undertake a one way video interview via SEEK SparkHire, and a face to face interview; you may also be required to undertake undertake police checks, employment history checks, qualification checks and drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Australian Standards and Council's procedures.
Please note applications for this position will close at 10.30pm on the listed closing date.
You can now stay up to date with all of our advertised vacancies by joining our recruitment Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/COGCRecruitment
Enquiries: Darren Roche
Applications Close: 22/08/2019