Advertiser: ABRIMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Aug 2019
- Tamworth & North West NSW
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Other
- Opportunity for administrators with a passion for livestock industries and a desire to build a career.
- Responsible for provision of general breed society administration for a progressive and growing beef cattle breed association.
- Based at the hub of Australia's livestock industries in Armidale, NSW
COMPANY BACKGROUND & PURPOSE
The Agricultural Business Research Institute (ABRI) is a dynamic company that provides breed recording, genetic evaluation and secretariat services to a wide range of livestock industries including beef cattle, sheep, goats and dairy cattle. This full-time position is based at ABRI's head office on the campus of the University of New England, Armidale NSW.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
Applicants should have the following skills and attributes:
- Understand the fundamentals of business and financial management/administration
- A sound knowledge of the livestock breeding industries
- A good understanding of modern breeding techniques including genomic technologies and their application in livestock industries
- Well-developed computer skills and high level competency with Excel, Word and the Web
- Competent in MYOB accounting package
- A good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work cooperatively with a board of directors, society members and staff
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and display initiative
- Willingness to undertake training and staff development
- Creative problem solving and trouble shooting skills
Interstate travel may be required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A degree or diploma in Business Administration, Agribusiness or Agricultural Science would be looked upon favourably. Applicants with livestock industry experience are also encouraged to apply.
A salary will be negotiated to reflect experience and qualifications.
Applicantions including the contact details of at least 2 professional referees need to be lodged by August 30 2019 to ABRI, University of New England, ARMIDALE NSW 2351, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further details please call Trish Faint on 02 6773 3555.