Advertiser: SmallPaws Pet HotelMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Aug 2019
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
SmallPaws Pet Hotel in Duffy's Forest are seeking a Animal Attendant to join their small friendly team.
Hours: Monday and Wednesday 7:30am - 2pm/3pm plus alternate Saturday's 7:30am-3pm (extra shifts available in School Holidays).
We require you to:
- Have a strong connection and passion for companion animals.
- Be confident handling dogs/cats
- Must have your own car/transport.
- Be available to work longer hours if needed.
- Have a good understanding of basic dog and cat health.
- Have a high standard of cleanliness and attention to detail.
- Be able to work unsupervised but also be part of a team.
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Be available to work during School Holidays and on Public Holidays (peak season).
- Have fluent English skills.
- Be able to cope under pressure
- Initiative and ability to prioritise
- Be mature minded.
We prefer you to:
- Live on Northern Beaches/North Shore.
- Have had previous work experience in pet care industry.
- Completed Cert 2 Animal Studies.
Ensure a high standard of animal housing are maintained at all times. Cleaning enclosures, exercise yards, dog/cat enrichment, grooming, feeding.
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- What's your expected hourly rate?