Full Time Receptionist/Reservations Agent
Advertiser: Coachhouse Marina ResortMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Aug 2019
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Front Office & Guest Services
The Coachhouse Marina Resort is a busy and dynamic waterfront property that offers cabin- style accommodation, as well as conferencing and wedding services.
We currently have the opportunity to welcome a full-time receptionist and reservations agent.
The position would generally be Monday – Friday, but would also include one weekend per month.
The candidate would be the face of resort, welcoming all guests and suppliers as they arrive. The candidate must have excellent personal presentation and interpersonal skills. An outstanding phone manner is essential and the candidate must have the confidence to successfully deal with conflict if needed.
Prior experience in the accommodation industry is preferred and knowledge of RMS accommodation software is also helpful. Sound computer skills are essential.
The position requires the candidate to be a strong multi-tasker and also be able to work autonomously.
The successful applicant will ensure a high standard of service is promptly provided to guests in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Answer incoming calls and assisting as necessary
• Be familiar with all room types, rates, promotions, resort facilities and daily happenings within the resort
• Input reservations made online and process new reservations via phone, email or in-office enquiries
• Operate the reservation system and be able to navigate all required sections of the system in an efficient manner
• Encourage client loyalty and repeat business for the resort
• Greet all arriving guests and follow check in procedures
• Farewell departing guests and settle guest accounts as required
• Communicate regularly with housekeeping and maintenance departments in regards to room status and availability
• Perform cashiering duties as required
• Balance all takings at end of shift in agreement with RMS reports
• Keep the front office area clean and tidy at all times
• Complete basic laundry throughout the day (washing, drying and folding of certain linen)
• Have a working knowledge of local tourist attractions
Applicants who believe they are suited to the position should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and attention it to Christine.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?