Board Member VacancyPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Aug 2019
- Launceston & North East
- Work Type
- Part Time
- CEO & General Management, Board Appointments
A New Era in Disability Care
Board Member Vacancy
The Eskleigh Foundation Inc. is a not for profit organisation that has been supporting Tasmanians living with disabilities for more than 70 years. Eskleigh is predominately funded by the NDIS to delver various services across Tasmania, including accommodation, in home care, community access and coordination of supports.
Eskleigh is seeking two new Directors to join the Board in the coming months and is calling for applications from suitably qualified professionals. The ideal applicants will have demonstrated success in their relevant professional field, have a thorough understanding of governance principles, be a lateral & strategic thinker, have passion for improving the lives of people living with disabilities and be willing to work within the values of Eskleigh.
As a Board Member you will be responsible for:
* Assisting in the development and monitoring of strategic plans and working with the Board & CEO to achieve business growth D Ensuring the financial affairs of Eskleigh are conducted in an appropriate manner and in line with the requirements set by the ACNC, ATO and Eskleigh's internal policies
* Be willing to join and participate in sub committees
* Ensuring that Eskleigh's properties and other non-cash assets are well maintained and managed appropriately
* Working with fellow Directors and the CEO to maintain excellent governance standards
* Be willing to become a member of the Eskleigh Foundation Inc. D Provide a current national police clearance
* Have a current working with vulnerable people check
* Be available to attend a minimum of 5 meetings per year (there are 10 meetings annually)
* Completion of a Company Directors course (or be willing to undertake)
* An understanding of the NDIS and/or experience with leading organisations under the NDIS
The recruitment committee is extremely keen to receive applications from individuals with a strong background in finance, marketing/public relations and property development/project planning but all suitable applicants are welcome to apply.
Appointments to the Board are executed under a volunteer arrangement but an annual allowance is provided to cover the costs associated with undertaking the required duties.
With Eskleigh entering a period of change and growth, it is an exciting opportunity to make a difference and direct an organisation that has a cherished history in the disability services sector.
Interested applicants can forward their applications to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application must include a brief cover
letter (outlining your suitability and motivation for the role) and a
current resume with two referees.