Surfing WA Operations and Surf School Manager
Advertiser: Surfing WAMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Aug 2019
- Perth, Northern Suburbs & Joondalup
- $80,000 plus super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
We are looking for:
A highly motivated and experienced Operations Manager.
This is a hands-on leadership role within a fun, flexible, small team environment. You will be responsible for overseeing and contribution to the delivery of effective SWA operations and the Surf School and maintaining good relationships with SWA key stakeholders.
As Surfing WA Operations and Surf School Manager you will report to the CEO and be responsible for driving and delivery on:
- Administration and Business Functionality
- School Programming Coordination
- Program Staffing
- Program Equipment and Maintenance.
Flexibility - our business is seasonal and requires someone who can be flexible with hours. You will work a 38 hour per week usually between 8 am – 4 pm however the peak summer period may require hours to be worked between 6am to 2pm.
Key Skills and Experience
- Proven leadership ability, with a highly organised approach
- Experience as operations manager, or similar role
- Demonstrated analytical skills and general comprehension of financial and business principles and best practices
- Fine-tuned communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels
- Proven experience developing and overseeing budgets
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and managing program delivery
- Good computing skills including Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Preference will be given to applicants with;
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, or related field of study
- Knowledge or interest in surfing.
The successful applicant will be required to hold or obtain a current National Police Clearance and Working with Children Check.
How to apply
A detailed position description is available on our website:
(Please copy and paste the link above into your web browser)
We require that you submit:
- Your CV.
- A covering letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining your relevant recent experience and what you bring to this role experience against the position description.
Note: Documents should be saved in .doc or pdf format – it would be a shame not to be able to open your application.
Please email your application to email@example.com by 4pm 26 August 2019.
We anticipate interviews will take place the week commencing 2 September 2019.
For a confidential conversation about the role, please contact Mark Lane, CEO on 0419 347 348.
For questions regarding submitting your application or the recruitment process, please contact Faye Graham, HR Consultant on 0435 103 193.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?