Senior Social Worker
Advertiser: KARIMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Aug 2019
- Sydney, South West & M5 Corridor
- $98,000 - $105,000 Base
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
Senior Social Worker
Total Remuneration Package $113,000 to $121,000
(Inclusive of base salary of $98,000 - $105,000 including leave loading plus superannuation and salary sacrifice opportunities)
Do you want a job that will give you the opportunity to make a real difference in the day to day lives of Aboriginal children and families who are in need of support?
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Social Worker to join our highly motivated clinical team based at our Liverpool office. KARI’s multidisciplinary Allied Health service needs a Senior Social Worker to support in strengthening Aboriginal families across Sydney.
As the Senior Social Worker you will lead the social work team in providing assessment and therapeutic parenting support to Aboriginal families and foster families. Your work will be with children, parents and carers who have histories of complex trauma and have psychosocial vulnerabilities related to substance misuse, mental health and domestic violence.
The Senior Social Worker will be key in shaping service delivery to ensure positive and sustainable outcomes for families in a culturally embedded model of care delivering in home therapeutic support. Additionally they will provide quality supervision to the Social Workers working across all KARI offices.
We are looking for someone highly skilled and dedicated to working with vulnerable children, parents and carers as part of our multidisciplinary Allied Health and casework team.
- Bachelor degree in social work or equivalent and eligibility for full membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Significant post graduate experience and clinical skill in the provision of Social Work supporting vulnerable children and families.
- Experience in the clinical supervision of Social Workers
- Possession of a current NSW Drivers License – minimum P2, willingness to drive for work purposes and work across all KARI sites as required.
- Current Working with Children Check.
- Willingness to travel across metropolitan Sydney during work hours.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?