Advertiser: Australian Grand Prix CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Management
The Australian Grand Prix Corporation (AGPC) is responsible for staging two iconic international events, the Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne, as well as the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix held at Phillip Island. We are established, respected leaders on the world stage, approaching the milestone 25th Formula 1®race in Melbourne in 2020.
This Infrastructure Assistant will play an integral role in the successful, timely, quality delivery of services within the Operations Department. Reporting to the Project Manager - Infrastructure, the position will provide exceptional project and administrative support throughout the Department to improve the output of the team. This is a contract full time role, expected finish date will be in November 2019. The Infrastructure Assistant will oversee a range of business as usual tasks and activities as well as assisting with key project deliverables. The position will be required to multitask, work autonomously, manage workloads and apply sound judgement in prioritising matters for the benefit of the business. The Infrastructure Assistant will have the ability to work autonomously to achieve outcomes desired.
- Support the Infrastructure Department in delivering timely, accurate, quality delivery of services;
- Understanding key organisational timelines and ensuring the department are adequately prepared to deliver to timelines;
- Manage agendas, scheduling, minutes and actions of relevant meetings and committees;
- Assist in the development of correspondence to key internal and external stakeholders;
- Assist in maintaining department databases and lists;
- Assist with processing invoices and accurate budget tracking;
- Assist with the onsite management of site Inductions, key management and facility inspections and checks
- Assist with the regular update and maintenance of department plans and schedules;
- Coordination and development of event related documentation, operational plans and collateral requirement;
- Assist the Operations Department in the successful delivery of GP Command and EOC functions during events.
At the reasonable request of your Division Manager; General Manager and/or the Chief Executive Officer, role responsibilities may be altered at any time. Changes will be tied to the Corporation’s strategic objectives, workforce planning and the structural alignment of the Corporation.
A degree qualified in either event management, project management, engineering or business is desirable. Significant project management and/or event management experience, ideally in the major sporting
event industry is required.
The Operations department prides itself on being a highperforming, inclusive, dynamic, innovative and supportive
team. The desired candidate would need to seamlessly fit into the culture and values of the team. Further below traits
are also required:
• Demonstrated achievement in and enthusiasm for the provision of quality customer experience;
• Prompt responsiveness to customer needs or concerns to ensure the quality of service meets
• Ability to be able to effectively compile, process and manage the contractor management process;
• Be able to confidently manage a broad range of contactors to effectively enforce compliance
Teamwork, Adaptability and Resilience
• Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and the maintenance of a supportive work environment
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a fast changing environment;Keeping calm by demonstrating a capacity to
positively deal with unanticipated problems and changing circumstances;
Interpersonal, Verbal and Written Communication
• Well-developed written communication ability
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• An ability to liaise, negotiate and constructively provide and accept feedback from staff at all levels
Organisation and Planning
• Organisational and planning skills in managing a personal workload in a busy environment with
• Ability to meet deadlines;
• Experience in the use of Microsoft desktop products such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Experience in information management systems, including internet and on-line environments
Continuous Learning and Professional Development
• Demonstrated commitment to continual professional and personal development;
• Be innovative in all approaches to tasks and responsibilities.
AGPC has recently implemented a Flexible Work Arrangements Policy and we celebrate and harness diversity, considering it a competitive advantage. We encourage applications from people of all diverse backgrounds.
Our organisation promotes the safety, well-being and inclusion of all our consumers including children and appropriate rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken.