Advertiser: GeneFlowMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Aug 2019
- Wagga Wagga & Riverina
- $55,000 - $64,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Laboratory Technician ($55,000 to $65,000 a year, plus super)
Advertiser: GeneFlow Pty Ltd
GeneFlow is an Australian Company whose business operations revolve around innovative recent advances in the collection, production, and implantation of bovine IVF embryos.
This role will be based at the business headquarters in Tocumwal, NSW, postcode: 2714.
Your Key Responsibilities are:
- To perform routine Bovine IVF, embryology and andrology procedures (oocytes aspiration/collection, oocytes maturation, semen, oocytes fertilization, embryo cultivation, embryo cryopreservation, and embryo transportation) following GeneFlow’s protocols.
- Aid in Oocyte collection & embryo implantation.
- Media preparation for daily IVF procedures.
- Ensuring the correct function of the lab, such as equipment calibration, ph. media measurement, traceability procedures for IVF samples and for R&D experiments.
- Ordering lab supplies and stocktaking of consumables.
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance, according to national and international standards.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills to work with other staff and diverse stakeholders to achieve set outcomes.
- Interpret and report accurately lab outcomes to directors, clients, and federal government departments.
- You will have a passion for enabling a process of continuous improvement of yourself, other staff and the planning and delivery of GeneFlow protocols, collaborating closely with your peers.
To be successful in the position, you will have (as a minimum)
- Relevant Advanced Diploma or higher in - Animal Science / Biotechnology or other relevant fields.
- Proven abilities in Embryology skills: Embryo manipulation and vitrification techniques.
- Relevant experience of at least 3 years.
- The proven ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Be able to work on weekends, evenings, as well as travel interstate to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience working in a bovine IVF lab.
- Hold a valid driver's license and own your own transport.
- Hold a Q Fever vaccination card or be repaired to be vaccinated for Q Fever.
- Experience in handling cattle would be an advantage.
Applications should include: • Covering Letter • Resume • A response to the Key Responsibilities of the role as outlined in the Position Description • 3 Referees.
Applications Close: 5 pm AEST on Friday 13th September 2019 and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact Keith on 0429183109.
- How many years' experience do you have as a laboratory technician?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?
- Have you worked in a role which requires experience with product research & development?