- Job Listing Date
- 12 Aug 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Strategy & Planning
City of Gold Coast
The Gold Coast is one of the fastest growing cities in Australia with a diverse population, combining exciting challenges with the kind of lifestyle few cities can boast about.
At City of Gold Coast, our commitment to a shared set of values shapes 'How We Do Things' – our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving the City Vision and our many city priorities.
- We aim high – we are passionate about delivering the best for our city
- We add value – we are innovative and make the most of every opportunity
- We work as a team – our people are great individually, but unstoppable together
- We take responsibility – we are committed to working safely, being trustworthy and owning our actions
About the Position
Located within the Office of the Chief Operating Officer Directorate and reporting to the Coordinator Corporate Risk and Business Continuity, you will provide leadership, engagement and professional expertise in enterprise risk management.
You will be responsible for delivering high quality risk management processes to effectively manage risk, identify opportunities, maximise benefits and enhance the risk maturity. You will have a high level of business acumen and work collaboratively in promoting a proactive risk culture where managing risk is everyone’s responsibility.
Key Deliverables of the position:
- Provide leadership, engagement and professional expertise throughout the Council in enterprise risk management
- Provide subject matter expertise including environmental scanning and the identification of emerging issues, risks and trends and facilitating risk workshops
- Coach, mentor, train and develop staff in risk management
- Engage, consult and communicate with key personnel to develop a positive risk culture
- Maintain and continuously improve risk systems and processes
- Deliver risk reporting at an executive level to Directors, the Executive Leadership Team and Audit Committee
- Manage Council’s Risk Information Management System
To be successful in this position you will be tertiary qualified and demonstrated experience in enterprise risk management. You pride yourself on your high level of stakeholder engagement and communication skills whilst working collaboratively to deliver and improve business and service outcomes. You have well developed business acumen with mature executive report writing skills demonstrating superior problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolutions skills with demonstrated experience in managing and complex issues.
If you are looking for an opportunity to champion a positive risk culture and share our vision of ‘creating excellence in risk' then we’d love to hear from you!
What We Offer
Working for the City of Gold Coast is both challenging and rewarding. You will enjoy working within a culture that promotes a healthy work life balance with 9 day fortnights coupled with a friendly and supportive team where you will be recognised and rewarded. We offer professional development training and provide study assistance to enhance your career progression. Competitive remuneration on offer plus up to 12% superannuation contribution and options to salary sacrifice.
How to Apply
You will need to have an eRecruit account in order to apply for this position. Sign-in and select “Apply Now” and follow the on-screen prompts to complete and submit your application. For more details, please call the Contact Person listed on the advertisement. For queries or issues regarding the eRecruit system please phone 1300 465 326 during Business Hours.
As part of our selection process, you may be required to undertake a one way video interview via SEEK SparkHire, and a face to face interview; you will also be required to undertake police checks, employment history checks, qualification checks and drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Australian Standards and Council's procedures.
Please note applications for this position will close at 10.30pm on the listed closing date.
You can now stay up to date with all of our advertised vacancies by joining our recruitment Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/COGCRecruitment
Enquiries: Dave Williams
Applications Close: 23/08/2019