Law Graduate Positions (2020)
Advertiser: Arnold Bloch LeiblerMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Generalists - Law Firm
Arnold Bloch Leibler is a premier Australian commercial law firm with offices in Melbourne and Sydney. We provide strategic legal and commercial advice to a diverse range of Australian and international corporations, high net worth individuals and large family businesses.
Arnold Bloch Leibler has developed a reputation for its innovative, commercially focused advice and is regularly involved in some of the most important landmark transactions in the country, helping clients with their most important or difficult legal matters - when their reputation is at risk, in crisis situations or before embarking on key initiatives. From our results and client commitment, to the commerciality of our advice, our aim is to set the standard.
We organise our practice groups to allow our lawyers to be broad generalists and our groups are split between transactions and disputes. From the client perspective, our services cover:
- banking & finance;
- corporate & commercial;
- dispute resolution & litigation;
- native title & public interest law;
- property & development;
- reconstruction & insolvency;
- technology & intellectual property; and
- workplace advisory.
We are seeking outstanding graduates to join ABL across multiple disciplines. This role would suit either final year students completing their law degree, recent graduates or someone who has recently commenced their career and is looking to join private practice.
We are well known for being the go-to firm when it matters. We pride ourselves on providing strategic guidance and solving complex problems related to our clients’ commercial interests, legal position and reputation. This means that our lawyers are exposed to interesting and varied work where they can fully utilise their skills and potential. We do not try to be everything to everyone − rather, we strive for excellence in our chosen areas of expertise.
Our internal structure is also a little different to our competitors. Our lawyers are trained to be ‘generalist specialists’ – able to straddle a range of different legal matters, as opposed to only being super specialised in a narrow field. Working in a broad based practice group this way, you’ll work across the full range of matters that the group deals with.
ABL Graduate Program
At Arnold Bloch Leibler we believe success comes from investing in personal and professional growth. That’s why we’ve stepped outside the square to provide a unique in-house graduate training program.
Rather than attending an external course, as a graduate, you will learn on the ground, from our best and brightest partners and senior associates – leaders in their respective fields who provide supervised training and continuous mentoring. The Supervised Legal Training (SLT) program is designed to be practical, engaging and upskill our lawyers for practice, based on guidelines set out by the Counsel of Legal Education. If you are newly admitted, you will have the opportunity to partake in the in-house training program as it will assist with your learning and development whilst working in a commercial law firm.
You will be assigned to a practice group and a supervising partner who will invest in your development and get you involved in a wide variety of matters throughout your graduate year. You will benefit from real work experience and direct client contact that sets you apart from your peers in the profession.
Your engagement is our focus – while we have a single practice experience, we have an optional six month rotation system where we touch base with you at your six-month review to make sure we’ve found you the right home inside the firm where you can thrive. If you’re not sure where that is, we work with you to explore the options across all of our practices.
It is important to make the right career choices. ABL is a commercial law firm that gives graduate trainees the flexibility to either become outstanding generalists, or specialists in their chosen practice area. At ABL, it is the hope that every graduate trainee will one day become a Partner.
For more information about our graduate ethos, please visit abl.grad.careers
We’re looking for exceptional graduates who are self-starters with highly developed analytical skills, an eye for detail and strong interpersonal skills. You have an exceptional legal mind, as well as commercial and strategic nous. You enjoy feeling challenged, and to be given opportunities to take on additional responsibility with autonomy. You want to feel like you are an important member of, and making a meaningful and valued contribution to, a team that is consistently outperforming its competitors. You are ambitious, enjoy success and are ready to perform at your own high standard.
You will have:
- completed your law degree or completing your final semester with excellent academic results;
- an ability to communicate, both in writing and orally, clearly and concisely;
- excellent attention to detail;
- strong interpersonal skills;
- an ability to understand and identify the key issues in a legal matter;
- good judgement and common sense;
- the ability to work both independently and as part of a team; and
- a passion for a career in commercial law.
The salary package offered for this position is competitive and also includes a range of benefits, including:
- on-going training through the firm’s professional development program;
- a fully subsidised corporate gym membership and wellness program;
- fresh fruit delivered daily;
- monthly staff drinks;
- free travel insurance for personal travel;
- free legal advice for wills, estate planning and conveyancing;
- discounted corporate health insurance through a leading Australian health fund;
- discounted mortgage, credit card and other financial services through a major Australian bank; and
- a prime CBD office location.
If you are interested in working at a dynamic firm that has built its success on legal innovation and outstanding career opportunities, please apply now via our website, addressing your application to Hayley Brown, Human Resources Consultant. Please include a covering letter, CV and full academic transcript.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in law?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a lawyer?
- What's your highest level of education?