Animal Welfare Manager
Advertiser: NORTH AUSTRALIAN CATTLE COMPANY PTY LTDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Aug 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
Animal Welfare Manager
- Full responsibility for animal welfare;
- Market leading beef and live cattle export business;
- Darwin based;
The Fanda Group
A group of companies exporting premium beef and livestock to long established customers in China and South East Asia:
- North Australian Cattle Company (NACC): Established in 1989, a world-leading livestock trader known for its strong customer relationships and consistent supply of high-quality animals into South East Asia;
- Southern Australian Cattle Company (SACC): Founded in 1972 and previously known as Elders International, SACC delivers live slaughter and breeder cattle as well as premium frozen and chilled beef into China;
The role will have full responsibility for animal welfare management across NACC and SACC. The primary responsibility will be the day-to-day pre and post shipment ESCAS Coordination and animal welfare management for the live export of cattle from Australia to Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia and China.
This will include:
- Responsiblity for all reporting to The Department of Agriculture;
- Coordinating independent parties involved in ESCAS (Auditors, Customer staff, NACC in-market staff);
- Ongoing management, oversight and review of ESCAS systems, processes & practices;
- Overseas travel to our key customer facilities and supply chains;
- Development and implantation of the group Livestock Export Animal Welfare policy and procedures;
- Engagement into industry research and forums to represent the group and develop a leadership position in regards to Animal Welfare; and
- Providing logistics support to the Operations team in Australia as required;
You will be genuinely passionate about animal welfare and the opportunity to continuously improve animal welfare outcomes across the supply chain – from Australia into our overseas markets.
Your strengths will include attention to detail, ability to implement and follow compliance processes and a collaborative approach to influencing a broad range of stakeholders from in-market staff to regulators through to a corporate Board level.
Apply now for this unique opportunity or for more information call Louis Le Roux, Commercial Manager on 0437 314 268.
Applications close on Tuesday 10th September 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?