Advertiser: Royal Life Saving Society Australia NSW BranchMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Aug 2019
- $40 - $49.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Workplace Training & Assessment
About the business and the role
Royal Life Saving NSW (RLSNSW) is the leader in water safety education in NSW and for the Aquatics Industry, the state's principal organisation in vocational training. As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 90666), Royal Life Saving is committed to providing quality training outcomes to support the Aquatic and Recreation Industry, as well as the community at large.
Working at RLS NSW you will do truly meaningful work in a supportive, constructive culture that encourages you to make the most of your individual talents.
We provide a range of initiatives and benefits to help make our people thrive professionally and personally.
Job tasks and responsibilities
If you have experience in education or training or are keen to pass on your knowledge of first aid and lifesaving, why not enquire about joining our Team. Full training in course content will be provided.
Royal Life Saving has regular and ongoing casual roles available in Training and Assessing in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid with the potential to become a Trainer and Assessor in aquatic related courses such as Pool Lifeguard.
We deliver to a wide range of people within the community ranging from school students, teachers, pool lifeguards and the general public.
Skills and experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An enthusiastic person who enjoys sport and recreation activities
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Current first aid certificate
- Working with Children Check
- Willingness to deliver programs in both schools (adults & students) or community groups
- Ability to work both in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Intermediate computer skills (particularly Microsoft programs)
- Current Australian Drivers License
- Tertiary Qualifications relevant to PDHPE, Human Movement, Sports Science, Education etc. and/or one year related experience
- Recognition and Management of Anaphylaxis Program (RAMOAP) Trainer
- Experience in competency based training and assessment
- Experience in the aquatics industry, sport & recreation industry or other relevant industries
- Current Pool Lifeguard qualification
Job benefits and perks
Enjoy the flexibility of a casual role while delivering to a different audience almost every day.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)