Exceptional Early Childhood Teacher, Early Childhood Educators
Advertiser: Watsonia Early Learning CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Sept 2019
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Childcare & Outside School Hours Care
About the business
Due to open August 2019, Watsonia Early Learning Centre is a purpose-built care and education centre. Once open, the centre will provide quality care and education to 88 children each day.
We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for children and families, whilst delivering unique educational programs that focuses on children's strengths and interests.
Our programs will be developed to enhance each child's learning and development, will include a range of extra-curricular activities and provide convenient services such as; nappies, linen and nutritious meals, which are designed in conjunction with our qualified paediatric nutritionist.
This is a personally rewarding role where you can impact the lives of many children and families, and inspire a team of aspiring educators.
You will be highly respected and valued within our business for your knowledge and passion within the early years sector.
About the role
An exciting opportunity is on offer for experienced and passionate Early Childhood Teacher and Educators to join the team of our new 88 place state of the art, purpose-built centre in Watsonia, VIC.
For our Early Childhood Teacher you will hold your Bachelors and for our educators you will have obtained your Certificate III in Early Childhood or Diploma in Early Childhood and have a passion to teach and engage young minds. You will have patience and the ability to create a strong positive culture for the children in your care and work alongside other passionate educators.
Your day-to day focus will include:
- Achieve the best learning outcomes for children
- Develop and deliver a curriculum which is founded on the centre's philosophy as well as the principles, practices and outcomes of the EYLF, whilst following childcare regulations and National Quality Standards
- Create positive learning environments encouraging play-based learning
- Build professional, respectful and open communication with children, families and educators
- Observe and record children's growth, development and achievements using a variety of methods
- Ensure the learning environment is clean, hygienic, safe and engaging
- Actively contribute to the centre's QIP
- Coordinate informative daily updates to families via our interactive app
- Take pride in our amazing centre's presentation
- Enjoy working with a fun and happy team
Benefits and perks
Competitive salary package –including staff childcare discounts
Experienced support team – supporting you and the team so you can focus on quality care and education
Excellent facilities – brand new modern purpose-built centre with amazing resources
First aid qualifications – paid for yearly – First Aid, Anaphylaxis, CPR and Asthma certification
Small Class sizes – To build strong relationships with your wonderful group
Full uniforms provided
Skills and experience
- Certificate III or Diploma in Children's Services
- Bachelor (for Early Childhood Teacher)
- The drive to progress in your career if desired
- An enthusiasm to teach, creating positive learning experiences
- Ability to motivate a team of educators
- Experience maintaining health and safety standards, and risk minimisation
- Strong knowledge of EYLF
- Strong Knowledge of the NQF, National Quality Standards and Education and Care Regulations
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent personal presentation
- Full Australian work rights
- Current working with children checks
- Anaphylaxis, asthma, CPR and first aid certificates
- Highly organised with a strong ability to mutli-task
- Confidence dealing with families, educators and the local community
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working with children?
- Do you have a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care?
- Do you have professional child care experience?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?