Manager of Open Pit Mining
Advertiser: West African Resources LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Aug 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Operations
SANBRADO GOLD PROJECT
EXPATRIATE SITE BASED ROLE – FIFO ROSTER (6:3)
West African Resources Limited is an ASX listed gold company (trading symbol: WAF). The Company is currently preparing for the development and operation of the Sanbrado Gold Mine in Burkina Faso, West Africa.
The Sanbrado Project is a 2.2 Mtpa Gold project in West Africa encompasses both underground and open pit mines. The Project has an initial 10-year mine life, including 6.5 years of underground mining, with Probable Reserves of 1.7 million ounces (21.6Mt at 2.4g/t gold). The Project will have average annual production over the first 5 years of mine life of 217,000 ounces gold and a 14-month post-tax pay back on US$186 million pre-production capital costs. Project economics are robust, with AISC of
West African Resources is seeking to employ the Manager for Open Pit Mining for the Sanbrado Gold Operations.
The Manager of Open Pit Mining will report to the General Manager and be responsible for the management and mentoring of the Open Pit Mining Team, management of the Open Pit Mining Contractor and performance of the Open Pit mine.
The initial focus will be to prepare the Open Pit mining for operational readiness, which include;
- Overseeing mine design, planning and schedule to achieve the Company’s production objectives;
- Finalising and implementation of operational systems and procedures;
- The selection and integration of the site based mining and surveying teams; and
- mobilisation of the open pit mining contractor.
Once fully operational, the Manager of Open Pit Mining will be responsible for the management of technical services (production, design and planning), safety, leadership and delivery against an approved operating / cost budget. Key to the success of the operation will be through developing and maintaining an effective working relationship with the open pit mining contractor.
West African Resources is seeking applications from experienced Mining professionals with the following skills and experience;
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering, which is supported by a significant employment history in senior operational roles;
- Additional qualifications, including a Quarry Managers Certificate of Competency;
- Significant and recent experience in a similar role during project development and/or within an operating open pit mine;
- Mining experience in Australia (expatriate experience in West Africa would be highly regarded);
- The proven ability in developing and leading high performing operations, aligned with cost and production targets;
- A demonstrated ability to lead, develop and build a cohesive and high achieving multi discipline mining team;
- A proven background in mentoring and developing technical skills and capabilities;
- A proven employment history working collaboratively as part of highly proficient technical team;
- Bilingual – French / English (highly regarded);
- A competent user of Microsoft Office and Surpac software.
Roster and Conditions
The successful applicant will be offered an excellent remuneration package, commensurate with skills and experience, travel to and from the site, a 6 week on / 3 week off roster cycle.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV and an introductory covering letter (word or PDF) by following the “APPLY NOW” prompts.
Please include the following details as part of your covering letter;
- Domicile (Country / city);
- Salary range expectation (US$);
- Expatriate experience;
- Availability to commence role.
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately.
Further information is available about the Sanbrado Gold Project on the Company website;
Recruitment Consultancies are respectfully requested not to submit applications for this role. Candidates will be considered via direct application only.