Mining Superintendent - Open Pit Mine
Advertiser: West African Resources LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Aug 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Operations
SANBRADO GOLD PROJECT
EXPATRIATE SITE BASED ROLE – FIFO ROSTER (6:3)
West African Resources Limited is an ASX listed gold company (trading symbol: WAF). The Company is currently preparing for the development and operation of the Sanbrado Gold Mine in Burkina Faso, West Africa.
The Sanbrado Project is a 2.2 Mtpa Gold project in West Africa encompasses both underground and open pit mines. The Project has an initial 10-year mine life, including 6.5 years of underground mining, with Probable Reserves of 1.7 million ounces (21.6Mt at 2.4g/t gold). The Project will have average annual production over the first 5 years of mine life of 217,000 ounces gold and a 14-month post-tax pay back on US$186 million pre-production capital costs. Project economics are robust, with AISC of
West African Resources is seeking to employ an experienced Mine Superintendent - Open Pit for the Sanbrado Gold Operations.
The Mine Superintendent will report to the Manager of Open Pit Mining and be responsible for overseeing the day to day mining operations for the open pit mine. Key to success of the open pit operation will be through establishing and maintaining a collective approach to operational performance.
The initial focus of the role will be to prepare the Open Pit mining for operational readiness, which will include;
- overseeing mine design, planning and schedule;
- assisting in the development and implementation of operational systems and procedures;
- selection of the mining team;
- establishing reconciliation and reporting standards; and
- mobilisation of the open pit mining contractor.
Once fully operational, the Mine Superintendent will be responsible for;
- technical services for the open pit mine;
- optimisation of production designs and plans to achieve production and financial targets;
- providing leadership and mentoring to develop of a high performing technical team;
- promoting a safety culture;
- ensuring that infrastructure projects are scoped, planned, resourced and delivered to achieve the mine schedule;
- monitoring and reporting on operational performance;
- establishing and maintaining an effective working relationship with the Open Pit Mining Contractor to achieve development and production targets.
The Mine Superintendent will provide coverage for the Manager for Open Pit Mining during periods of absence.
West African Resources is seeking applications from experienced Mining professionals with the following skills and experience;
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering, which is supported by an employment history in a Senior Mining Engineer / Alt Quarry Manager / Mine Superintendent capacity;
- Additional qualifications, including a Quarry Managers Certificate of Competency would be highly regarded;
- Recent experience in a similar role at an operating open pit mine;
- Experience during project development and setting up systems / procedures;
- Mining experience in Australia (expatriate experience in West Africa would be highly regarded);
- Previous experience in the development and implementation of mine planning systems;
- A proven ability in developing and leading high performing and safe mining operations which is aligned with cost and production targets;
- A demonstrated ability to develop a cohesive and technically proficient team of mining engineers and support personnel;
- Bilingual – French / English (highly regarded);
- A competent user of Microsoft Office and Surpac software.
Roster and Conditions
The successful applicant will be offered an excellent remuneration package, commensurate with skills and experience, travel to and from the site, a 6 week on / 3 week off roster cycle.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV and an introductory covering letter (word or PDF) by following the “APPLY NOW” prompts.
Please include the following details as part of your covering letter;
- Domicile (Country / city);
- Salary range expectation (US$);
- Expatriate experience;
- Availability to commence role.
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately.
Further information is available about the Sanbrado Gold Project on the Company website;
Recruitment Consultancies are respectfully requested not to submit applications for this role. Candidates will be considered via direct application only.