Community Social Relations Manager / Sustainability Manager - Mining
Advertiser: West African Resources LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Aug 2019
- Americas, USA & Canada
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Health, Safety & Environment
West African Resources Limited is an ASX listed gold company (trading symbol: WAF). The Company is currently preparing for the development and operation of the Sanbrado Gold Mine in Burkina Faso, West Africa.
The Sanbrado Project is a 2.2 Mtpa Gold project in West Africa encompasses both underground and open pit mines. The Project has an initial 10-year mine life, including 6.5 years of underground mining, with Probable Reserves of 1.7 million ounces (21.6Mt at 2.4g/t gold). The Project will have average annual production over the first 5 years of mine life of 217,000 ounces gold and a 14-month post-tax pay back on US$186 million pre-production capital costs. Project economics are robust, with AISC of
West African Resources is seeking to employ an experienced Community Social Relations Manager to lead the Community Relations Department.
During the development stage of the Sanbrado Operation, the Community Social Relations Manager will focus on achieving the agreed social and community commitments, including implementation of the Resettlement Action Plan and Stakeholder Engagement Plan.
Once operational, the Community Social Relations Manager will lead a small team to proactively engage and manage the relationships and agreed outcomes between the Company, local communities, regulators and other stakeholders.
Key to the success of this role will be the development and maintenance of effective working relationships between the Company, community and regulatory stakeholders.
West African Resources is seeking applications from experienced Community / Sustainability professionals with the following skills and experience;
- Tertiary qualifications in Community, Science or Legal, or other relevant studies;
- Significant employment history in a similar role, ideally gained in West African;
- A good working knowledge of Burkina Faso social impact regulations and responsibilities;
- Mining / Construction / Project development experience, including an excellent working knowledge and background in achieving compliance with the international financing standards (in relation to corporate social responsibilities)
- Bilingual – French / English;
- A proven background in community projects, in which deadlines have been achieved;
- Excellent attention to detail and record management;
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal;
- A proven background in effective negotiation;
- A demonstrated ability to lead, develop and build a cohesive team;
- A proven employment history working collaboratively;
- A competent user of Microsoft Office, GIS and relevant software.
Roster and Conditions
The successful applicant will be offered an excellent remuneration package, commensurate with skills and experience, travel to and from the site, a 6 week on / 3 week off roster cycle.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV and an introductory covering letter (word or PDF) by following the “APPLY NOW” prompts.
Please include the following details as part of your covering letter;
- Domicile (Country / city);
- Salary range expectation (US$);
- Expatriate experience;
- Availability to commence role.
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately.
Further information is available about the Sanbrado Gold Project on the Company website;
Recruitment Consultancies are respectfully requested not to submit applications for this role. Candidates will be considered via direct application only.