Community Engagement and Communications Officer
Advertiser: Lachlan Shire CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Aug 2019
- Dubbo & Central NSW
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Communications
Permanent – Full-time
Position Number – 3200021.1
Salary: Grade 12 - $3040.92 to $3421.03 /FN
Lachlan Shire is located at the Heart of NSW, at Condobolin on the Lachlan River and encompasses rural towns and villages that capture the essence of life in the bush. The community is warm and welcoming, offering a unique and enviable rural lifestyle. Join our team and experience some of the most beautiful country in Australia.
An opportunity exists within our Environment, Tourism and Economic Development Department for an experienced communications professional to facilitate Council’s interactions with its communities. The role will deliver a range of communication functions across different media and events to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders. Partnering with the community, non-government organisations, government and Council; the role will be responsible for promoting opportunities for genuine engagement in Council’s decision making processes.
Key responsibilities for this position are:
- Support opportunities for participation in decision making for residents from diverse backgrounds that may not usually engage in civic activities, developing strategies to engage target audiences.
- Develop and support the implementation of communication strategies that actively promote the work of Council, including liaison with key media.
- Oversight and manage the implementation of Council’s External Communication and Engagement Strategy, including development of procedures and staff training to support this.
- Act as central point for all Council communications, including development, preparation and editing of newsletters, newspaper columns, marketing material and management of Council social media presence
To be successful you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field of study, or willingness to undertake studies to achieve these qualifications combined with relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, delivery, and facilitation of community engagement initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in developing communication strategies
- Demonstrated experience using emerging technologies to deliver best practice community engagement e.g. websites, social media etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to principles of social justice
- Demonstrated strong communication skills and positive customer focus, including active listening, public speaking and report writing
- The ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality
- Capacity to work and participate actively within a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to reconciliation, and to working constructively and respectfully with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals and communities
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
- Working with children clearance
Further information: Contact Councils Director of Environment, Tourism & Economic Development Jon Shillito on 02 6895 1900
Closing: 4.30pm Monday, 2 September 2019
TO APPLY: Valid applications require a cover letter, resume, statement addressing the selection criteria and a copy of relevant qualifications.Go to Council’s website at www.lachlan.nsw.gov.au to download the Position Description, ‘How to apply for positions’ and Selection Criteria documents. Please note, applicants who do not address the essential and desirable selection criteria will not be considered for interview.
Applications addressed to the General Manager, PO Box 216 CONDOBOLIN NSW 2877 or via email to email@example.com
Lachlan Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a smoke-free work environment.