Warehouse / operations assistant
Advertiser: Novachem Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
Novachem Pty Ltd is an Australian fine chemical import and distribution company located in Heidelberg West which specialises in chemical reference materials and research products for laboratory use.
The company distributes nationally from its Melbourne premises with additional distribution to New Zealand.
The company is seeking to employ on a full time basis a warehouse / operations assistant who can take on a range of tasks within the business, focussing on warehouse operations, but on an as business needs dictate basis.
The candidate must be a permanent resident of Australia.
- Receipt of goods into store
- Entry of goods into WMS / ERP system
- Picking and packing outbound orders
- General warehouse management
- Inventory control
- Warehouse cleanliness
- Manage and minimise freight costs
Key selection criteria:
- Experience and knowledge in the fine chemicals business
- Logistics / warehouse experience
- Understanding of WMS / ERP systems
- Demonstrated capacity to learn and adapt quickly
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Able to troubleshoot and problem solve complex issues
- Reliability and attention to detail
Applicants with studies including chemistry will be well regarded.
$60k+ position commensurate with experience 37.5 hours / week.
A cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and telling us why you specifically believe you are a good fit for Novachem is required. Communicate clearly with us so you stand out as there is one position and many will apply...
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Seek application process by Monday September 2nd.
No solicitations from recruitment companies will be accepted or entertained.
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a warehouse assistant?
- Do you have picker packer experience?