Advertiser: casafabricaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Design & Architecture, Architectural Drafting
Excellent contract opportunity for a qualified Drafter with minimum 4 years’ local experience in high-end residential construction documentation.
About our Company:
Casafabrica is a Sydney based team of experts specializing in high-end residential projects. We offer a complete range of Planning, Project Management, Architecture and Construction services in an efficient and professional manner.
About the Role:
This role will support the Design team in Construction Certificate and Construction Documentation drawings. This an excellent opportunity for a creative, self-motivated, reliable and accurate Architectural Drafter to be part of an award winning Design and Build team.
Key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Create architectural drawings for residential and commercial projects, based on building specifications, calculations and sketches.
- Analyze building specifications, codes, space to create architectural design.
- Prepare construction drawings and sketches, manually and using computer (ArchiCad).
- Assist to review tender documents according to the company standards.
- Monitor and maintain project programs and schedule.
- Prepare and manage contract documentation and project reports for clients and management.
- Collaborate with other Casafabrica divisions to secure new projects.
- Assist Architect and Project Manager on construction sites to ensure that architectural specifications are properly followed.
- Visit construction sites to collect measurements and dimensions as needed.
- Assist to calculate the materials needed, manpower, construction cost, and project completion date.
- Manage project documentations according to company standards and laws.
- Assist to supervise and guide sub-contractors, apprentices and labourers when needed.
- Work with Architect and Project Manager to ensure that construction project is in accordance with design specifications.
Education and licensing:
- Certificate IV in Residential Building Drafter
- Driver’s Licence
- White Card
Experience, skills and abilities:
- Minimum 4 years’ Experience in the Australian drafting.
- Strong knowledge of the building and construction industry.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to procedures and systems
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Vast knowledge of the current Acts, building codes, health and safety regulations addressing the construction industry
- Computer proficient, experience in MS Office package, ArchiCAD.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, schematics and construction documents
- Outstanding human relation skills evident in the ability to work with the team
- Positive attitude and well presented
- Excellent communication skills
- We are an organization who values your skills and expertise. You will be given a challenging and supportive position with a genuine opportunity to grow your skills and experience with a company that recognizes you as a key asset.
- Immediate start Required
You must either be an Australian citizen, have a permanent residence status or have an appropriate visa issued by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship that entitles the employee to work in Australia.
How to apply:
If you meet the criteria outlined above, please click on "Apply now" button, and provide your send your Curriculum Vitae accompanied by a cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Do you have experience working on residential construction projects?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?