Advertiser: Puffing Billy RailwayMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Yarra Valley & High Country
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Retail & Consumer Products, Management - Store
About Puffing Billy Railway
Located in the picturesque Dandenong Ranges, Puffing Billy Railway is Australia's premier preserved steam railway. Operating on the original mountain track from Belgrave to Gembrook, this century-old train offers a range of fun-filled experiences for visitors young and old.
A major tourist attraction, Puffing Billy Railway attracts large numbers of both local and international tourists each year and operates every day except Christmas Day, thanks to the tireless efforts of more than 600 volunteers and a small team of dedicated staff.
About the Opportunity
There is now an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join the Belgrave team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Group Manager (Visitor Experience) and directly responsible for the Retail Supervisor and Catered Train Supervisor, you will be building, supporting, and providing leadership to a talented commercial team to help drive success in the retail and food beverage areas of Puffing Billy Railway.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Developing new commercial partnerships, and maintaining existing strategic partnerships with key stakeholders;
- Managing and negotiating existing and new commercial contracts;
- Identifying business process improvement opportunities and providing input into strategic direction, business planning, governance and financial management;
- Developing and implementing an annual business plan and budget for the commercial portfolio;
- Managing business performance, including profitability, revenue, stock management, pricing and cost of goods;
- Implementing initiatives or activities to drive sustainable business growth; and
- Providing a commercial offering that compliments Puffing Billy Railway's core business values and exceeds visitor expectations.
For further information and a position description see our website www.puffingbilly.com.au/careers/.
To be considered for this position you must have a tertiary qualification in a Business Management or Commerce related field, or significant experience in a similar area. You will have extensive experience providing leadership for a multi-disciplinary team, and in the management of high-volume customer operations in an often-changing, competitive market.
You will be able to work cooperatively and respectfully with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures, and have the strong interpersonal skills required to build effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
A strong understanding of leisure operations and the hospitality, retail, or food and beverage industries will be indispensable, and you will have a demonstrated ability to provide timely, reliable and expert advice on related matters.
Puffing Billy Railway is a child-safe organisation and as such you will be required to abide by our Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct, in addition to undergoing a Rail Safety Medical, participate in a National Criminal History Check and hold an employee status Working with Children Check.
Don't miss out on this fun, rewarding opportunity with a fascinating organisation!
Apply now via Seek with a resume and cover letter explaining why you would be the ideal candidate for this role. Applications will be assessed as received.
Puffing Billy Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with disabilities who have the relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in the retail industry?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?