Financial AccountantPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $80,000 - $89,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
This is an opportunity to join a progressive retailer operating in the dynamic retail electricity market. The medium sized company is a growing and profitable business.
The role aids and supports the Financial Controller:
- in the running of the accounting and financial activities of the Company.
- analysing the economic stability of the company and provide financial information to other departments, enabling these departments to make budgeting and investment decisions.
- reporting on costs, productivity, margins and company expenditures.
- Assisting in the preparation of the profit and loss, and balance sheet reports.
- Assisting in the preparation of tax reporting.
- General Ledger Journal processing.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Maintaining the Fixed Assets Register
- Preparing daily, weekly and monthly cash flow statements, and controlling expenditure and cash flow.
- Monitoring actual cash flow against cash flow forecasts.
- Assistance with the preparation of Board Reports.
- Assistance with the preparation of Budgets and Monthly Forecasts.
- Assistance with external audits.
- Examining financial records to check for accuracy
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data.
- Creating KPI reports
- Oversight and management of outstanding invoices.
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts.
- Preparation of the IAS/BAS.
- Preparation of reporting to meet financier obligations.
- Reconciliation and assistance with outsourced payroll
- Reconcile Payroll tax in line with the Company's statutory obligations.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Make journal/data entries and effect trial balances as required, prepare statutory returns, and extract statistical data from records for analysis as requested.
- Daily banking and other administrative tasks as required.
- Assist the Financial Controller as required.
Who you are
- At least three years’ experience in similar role.
- Proficiency with Xero
- Experience in managing accounts to Trial Balance stage
- Energy Industry experience advantageous
- Degree in accountancy, finance or equivalent.
- Membership of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand or CPA Australia.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Deadline-orientated and an ability to stick to time constraints.
- Results orientation
- Time management
- Organisational skills
- Communications skills
- High performance standards
The benefits for you
- Competitive remuneration & benefits
- Opportunity to make your mark in a fast moving and innovative business
Only candidates with relevant background will be contacted and interviews may be recorded.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?