Advertiser: Mowbray Golf ClubMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Launceston & North East
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
About the business
Established in 1934 the Mowbray Golf Club is a leading family orientated 18-Hole golf course based in Launceston, Tasmania.
Focusing on providing value for money, the club has a growing and loyal membership base and is home to the Tasmanian Men's Senior Amateur Championship.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Board via the President the role will have responsibility for overall management and operations of the club including:
- Managing all of the club's staff and volunteers;
- Managing member relationships;
- Managing the operations of both the course and the bar (including full P&L responsibility);
- Maintain, evaluate and improve the clubs IT systems;
- Ensure the security, maintenance and protection of the club's facilities and assets;
- Represent the club at industry forums, local council meetings etc to develop relationships with key stakeholders;
- Development, implementation and monitoring adherence to club policies and procedures;
- Development and implementation of plans to increase membership and sponsorship; and
- Focusing on attracting functions and events to the club.
Benefits and perks
The days and hours to be worked as well as the rate of pay will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Skills and experience
- Financial and budget management;
- Experience in running a business and/or has business acumen;
- A commitment to customer service and membership engagement;
- Good computer skills (including accounting systems and Microsoft Office);
- A current or ability to obtain an RSA certificate and hold a Club Liquor Licence;
- Acts professionally and has integrity; and
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with experience managing and leading teams.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?