Advertiser: Hunter PreludeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Physiotherapy, OT & Rehabilitation
Part Time Permanent Position - Kurri Kurri & Maitland
Hunter Prelude is a not for profit organisation that provides quality early childhood intervention & therapy services to children (0-12yo) with developmental delay & disability, and their families under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
We believe in the importance of:
- Capacity building
- Meaningful participation
- Functional outcomes
- Independence for all
The Physiotherapist will be responsible for providing early intervention support to children and their families in collaboration with the service delivery team.
The Physiotherapist may be providing support as a Key Worker or as a consultant on the transdisciplinary team.
They will work closely with the Team Leader to achieve the goals of the organisation including; effectively developing goals and measuring outcomes with families and ensuring that we adhere to our commitment to families to provide children with the hours of service they are funded for by NDIS.
Qualifications: Relevant tertiary qualifications and current registration with AHPRA.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Demonstrated ability to work within a billable model and be accountable for daily activities
- Knowledge of, and experience in, family centred and strength based approaches to early intervention
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in using play-based early childhood intervention strategies
- Demonstrated ability to develop functional goals with a family and build capacity in the child’s networks in order to achieve the goals in the child’s natural environments
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaboration with the transdisciplinary team using the Key Worker model to support children and their families
- Knowledge, and experience in implementing the National Guidelines for Best Practice in Early Intervention when working with children and their families
- Verified Working with Children Check
- Verified Police Criminal Record Check
- Comprehensively insured private motor vehicle
- Travel in the Hunter area
On the job training, support & supervision and professional development will be provided.
Not-for-Profit salary packaging is also available, which can increase take home pay.
Other benefits include additional leave in the school holidays.
Hunter Prelude is a flexible and family friendly workplace.
Hunter Prelude recognises and values the different linguistic, religious, racial and ethnic backgrounds and physical abilities of all people and encourages applications from all suitably qualified and skilled applicants.
Experienced and new graduate Physiotherapists encouraged to apply.
To apply please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- CV with a minimum of 2 referees
Any enquiries please contact Kimberly Lewis (General Manager) on 0421 107 785.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a physiotherapist?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?