- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Front Office & Guest Services
RESERVATIONS AGENT - PART TIME
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an experienced Reservations Agent to join our Front Office Team.
The Mayfair Hotel is located right in the heart of the CBD and this beautiful heritage listed hotel is now seeking a Reservations Agent.
With 170 luxury accommodation rooms, 3 dining outlets and bars, conference and events facilities, the Mayfair Hotel presents an excellent career opportunity to be part of a team in delivering professional service and exceeding guest expectations.
We are a closely knit team and are looking for a candidate who enjoy the hospitality industry and looking at a potential long term career with the company.
We like to invite you to apply as Reservations Agent if you feel you have/are:
- Excellent customer service skills and friendly service driven culture.
- Positive work attitude and able to work in a team environment.
- Well organised, flexible with a 'CAN DO' attitude.
- Quick thinker and effective problem solver. Be able to 'Think outside the box'. Able to deal with complaints and high pressure situations.
- Must be able to work well under pressure with the ability to balance switch board, email and daily reservations tasks.
- Outstanding accuracy, attention to detail and organisational skills required.
- Must be able to work a flexible roster across a 7-day week, with start and finishing times ranging predominantly between 8am and 8pm
- Advance written and oral English skills are essential.
- A sound knowledge of various distribution channels and revenue streams, predominately within FIT Markets.
- Previous experience with Opera PMS or a similar reservations system is essential.
- Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility for the accuracy of all reservations and arrival guest bookings.
- Previous experience in a reservations role at a 4/5 star property with a hotel property management system is highly advantageous.
Please be advised that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants must have appropriate work visa and must not have any restrictions to their entitlement to work.
Interested candidates, please apply by clicking on the link below and clearly indicate in your covering letter the position that you are interested in.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- How many years' experience do you have as a reservations agent?
- How many years of Opera experience do you have?