Advertiser: Gundagai Meat ProcessorsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Wagga Wagga & Riverina
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Management
Located mid-way between Sydney and Melbourne in the prime lamb growing country of Gundagai NSW, Gundagai Meet Processors (GMP) is one of Australia’s most innovative, progressive and trusted lamb processors. Established in 1974, GMP is a family owned business that is proud to be a part of the Gundagai community and a major employer in the area investing in both our people and business.
The GMP state of the art processing facility has recently been upgraded to enable the business to process one million lambs a year using advanced processing techniques and equipment. Underpinning our success is our strategic agility to meet varying market demands and a focus on building trusted long term partnerships with clients both domestically and internationally.
A rare opportunity is now available for an experienced Plant Manager to join the business and play an integral part in delivering the organisations business strategy. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Plant Manager will be responsible for the end-to-end operational performance of the plant from stock intake through to management of stock processing and meeting cost to serve targets.
You will be responsible for effective operational management and compliance with GMP policies and procedures including meeting quality, safety and environmental regulatory standards. Your leadership will play a key role in embedding GMP’s values, fostering effective communication and a positive work culture, driving employee engagement, and continuous improvement of existing systems and facilities.
- 10+ years’ experience working in a large-scale food processing operation with at least 5 years in a senior managerial role.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a diverse team and build a cohesive work culture.
- Role models safe work practices that foster a work culture where WHS is front of mind.
- Innovative approach to optimise plant use and drive continuous improvement.
- A positive common sense approach to addressing and resolving issues.
- Experience in quality assurance within the meat processing industry.
- A strong understanding of financial management and delivering to set targets.
- Ability to foster positive internal and external customer relationships.
- A tertiary qualification in food or meat science and/or qualifications in lean manufacturing will be highly regarded.
What GMP Offers
- Competitive remuneration package depending on skills and experience.
- Vibrant regional location in Gundagai, NSW.
- Opportunity to carve your future into the business.
- Ongoing support and professional development.
Given the scale and responsibility of this position, we are keen to hear from you if you possess extensive food processing experience with proven leadership skills. This is an exciting opportunity for a professional looking for career growth with a highly regarded business to join the GMP management team.
To have a confidential conversation about this opportunity please phone Ericka Burgun on 0416 182 782. To apply, please submit a covering letter addressing the key criteria for the role and attach a current resume.
To apply, please click the 'apply for this job' button.
GMP will require the successful applicant to undertake a criminal history check, pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol screening.
GMP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- What's the largest size team you have managed?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?