Portfolio Manager. Permanent.
Advertiser: Ash ExecutiveMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $180,000 - $200,000 + bonus + benefits
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Programme & Project Management
Our client is highly reputable and well known brand in the market. Its products and services are unique, the cultural is dynamic and the business is going through significant transformation.
As a Portfolio Manager for a specific part of the business, you will be required to lead the delivery of projects, with a focus on driving successful projects that deliver business benefits and efficiencies. The portfolio is diverse, technical in nature and quite dynamic.
Its a mid sized team, so will require the person to be hands on and be prepared to get involved in delivery where required. It will not suit a Portfolio Manager who has had their hands off the tools for too many years.
- Lead a team of delivery professionals, primarily PM's and BA's. Lead and mentor.
- Lead business engagement with executive, sponsors, with a focus on initiating projects
- Drive prioritisation across the portfolio
- Define business wide impacts and interdependencies arising from the Project Portfolio
- Involvement in delivery where required
- Educate executives and business units on Project Management and its benefits
- Manage all governance and financial aspects
Key skills required and attributes required
- Commercial, high emotional intelligence and ability to build meaningful relationships
- Demonstrated experience in Program or Portfolio Management roles
- Experience running large and complex enterprise programs
- Blue chip experience - preferably come out of larger firms in Retail, Telco, Financial Services or Aviation
- Experience leading and developing teams
- Strong IT projects experience
If you are interested, please apply below, please note, only successful applicants will be contacted