Advertiser: Thamarrurr Development CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Katherine & Northern Australia
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
An exciting opportunity has arisen!
Thamarrurr Development Corporation (TDC) located in Wadeye, (formerly Pt Keats) NT, is seeking a energetic and efficient Administration Assistant to join our Housing & Construction team. Wadeye is located in the Western Daly River region, approx. 420kms from Darwin.
The Administration Assistant’s focus is to assist the Housing & Construction Manager and Admin Coordinator by providing general office administrative support and a high level of customer service.
This an ideal opportunity for you to experience a change of workplace scenery, explore the Thamarrurr Region, and its culture, fishing and outdoor lifestyle, whilst enjoying the shared security of employment and accommodation.
Key Focus Areas:
- Provision of administrative support such as receptionist duties, maintaining stationery supplies, the appropriate storage and filing of documents, reports and data bases,
- High level of customer service and communication skills to assist staff in developing productive working relationships with community, traditional owners, external agencies and consultants,
- Ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date reporting and record keeping systems,
- Sound understanding of basic financial transactions such as invoicing, purchasing and payroll.
To be successful you’ll have:
- Resilience, cheerfulness and a willing “can do’ attitude,
- Sound organisational and time management skills,
- Ability to display initiative, problem solve and work with limited supervision,
- Sound communication (written and oral) interpersonal skills,
- The ability to work and deal sensitively with indigenous members of the community,
- Australian or New Zealand residency or citizenship status.
Job Specific Criterion:
- Sound knowledge of office administration and book-keeping procedures,
- Sound level of computer Skills including the Microsoft suite,
- Previous experience in a similar role and/or experience working in an indigenous community preferred
- Competitive salary and generous leave entitlements,
- Full time, 12-month fixed term contract,
- As we are a Not-for-Profit organisation, salary packaging to pay benefits and living expenses from pre – income tax is available,
- Relocation/repatriation expenses for travel and personal effects, if recruited externally,
- Subsidised, fully furnished, single accommodation available, with quarterly electricity subsidy offered
- Excellent fishing and outdoor activities on your doorstop,
- Be a part of a welcoming, busy community.
Essential Licences/ Clearances prior to commencement
- Obtain Northern Land Council permit (with assistance)
- Obtain National Police Clearance Check (with assistance)
- Hold a current NT Driver’s Licence
For a copy of the Position Descriptions and general information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or for position-specific details, please contact the Housing & Construction Manager, on 8978 1166 or via Housing@thamarrurr.org.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?