Customer Service Officer
Advertiser: Compass HousingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Call Centre & Customer Service, Customer Service - Call Centre
Compass Housing Services is a charitable international community housing organisation with a vision that all people have appropriate and affordable shelter and are engaged in sustainable communities. Compass is a recognised employer of choice and we are passionate about investing in our employees by providing them with opportunities to develop their skills and qualifications
About the role
Great opportunity for an experienced Customer Service Officer to join our team in Greenhills on a part time basis. Working every Thursday and Friday from 9am - 5pm, within our operational department you will provide the benchmark in customer service excellence. You will liaise with internal & external stakeholders on sensitive issues requiring you to possess excellent verbal & written communication skills & understand the importance of confidentiality. This role offers you the opportunity to showcase your skills and abilities by providing end to end customer service.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Answering incoming calls as the first point of customer contact;
- Responding to general tenant enquiries, updating customer records, triaging basic maintenance problems and raising service requests;
- Assist with 'walk-in' housing enquiries;
- General administrative duties including but not limited to word processing, filing, banking;
- Updating records in our database system;
- Collecting, collating, and recording documents as requested;
To be considered for this role, please ensure you have addressed the following essential selection criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in a call centre or high volume customer service environment;
- Demonstrated experience in delivering exceptional customer service with the ability to gather relevant information through effective questioning;
- Well developed and effective interpersonal, de-escalation and communication skills;
- General administration duties will be part of the role so proficiency in Excel, Word & Outlook is essential;
- Experience in the social housing sector is desirable but not essential
How to apply:
When applying, please ensure you address the key selection criteria as part of your application. To apply and view the Position Description, please visit our website www.compasshousing.org/about/jobs
Applications will be reviewed on receipt.
Please note, agency referrals will not be accepted for this role
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Have you worked in a call centre before?
- What's your expected annual base salary?