Graduate Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineer
Advertiser: xrf technologyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
We are a global market leader in the design and manufacture of Scientific Instruments located in various mining, minerals and process plant laboratories worldwide. We have a permanent position available for a Graduate Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineer to work in our modern production facility based in Bayswater, Victoria.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research and design mechanical systems for products
- Specify materials, e.g. metals, alloys, plastics, and manufacturing techniques, e.g. machining, laser-cutting, molding, casting
- Source components from and manage over time, suppliers and fabricators
- Optimise designs for cost, manufacturability, and reliability
- Develop work instructions in support of production
- Assembly of mechanical components, systems integration
- Testing of assembled or integrated components
- Project reporting and documentation
- Comply with XRF Occupational Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
- A degree in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering (or similar).
- Knowledge and Proficient use of Solidworks
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to show initiative and be self-motivated
- Understanding of electronic systems or programming would be advantageous
An immediate start is available. We encourage applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?