Assistant to Broker
Advertiser: The Sparrow GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Gold Coast
- $42,000 - $44,999 plus super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Brokerage
Sparrow Insurance www.sparrowinsurance.com,au has a brilliant opportunity for a detail orientated, administrative assistant to join our boutique, niche insurance group. The role involves assisting our dynamic team of insurance brokers with meeting and exceeding the expectations of their clients.
If you are passionate about delivering results, are a reliable team member, and want to develop your skills, you need to apply! You will focus on learning the basic tasks required to support customer enquiries including entering information into databases, answering the telephone, monitoring tasks and processing emails. Once you demonstrate you accuracy and reliability in completing these tasks, you will be provided with growth opportunities.
We are looking for someone who understands this role requires specialised training. previous experience in a similar insurance brokerage would be an advantage; however we are willing to train you, if you can meet the following criteria
- Answering phone based client related enquires
- Administration of new business, renewals, policy changes
- Preparation of general quotations
- Receiving and replying to client correspondence
- Effectively communicating information to the brokers and negotiating competing deadlines
Skills & Expertise Required:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast paced, open office environment
- Strong organisational skills with a keen eye for detail
- Sound data entry skills
- An understanding and passion for sales and customer service
The role requires flexibility in order to respond to client needs while maintaining scheduled tasks. You will need to communicate effectively discussing with the brokers and the team how to deliver scheduled tasks while responding to claims and queries from clients. The quotes, policy documents and correspondence you generate must be error free. A training and career development pathway will be mapped with you at the conclusion of your probationary period. If successful, you will be provided training to progress towards becoming an assistant broker.
We thank you in advance for your interest and time taken in applying for the role. Please send us your resume with a brief cover letter outlining your interest in the role. Due to the volume of responses anticipated, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted with interviews commencing Wednesday, 21st August
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience in the insurance industry?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?