Junior Analyst - M & A / Corporate Finance
Advertiser: LCC Asia PacificMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Corporate Finance & Investment Banking
LCC Asia Pacific is an award winning Boutique Corporate Finance & Strategic Advisory practice with its Sydney office based on Level 39, Aurora Place, 88 Phillip Street, Sydney.
To learn more see www.lccasiapacific.com
LCC seeks to appoint a Junior Analyst to support senior team members in M & A and Corporate Finance proposal development, existing engagements and market research activities.
Our Firm continues to grow the quality & size of its client base. We are very busy at present with engagements and deals on both sides of the Continent, and have a strong pipeline of opportunities. Current work spans M & A sell side and buy side engagements (both public and private - domestic & cross border) and deep thinking strategic advisory work for leading organisations.
Important Information On The Role
As with any junior role the initial 2 years will be ensuring the fundamentals of corporate finance and strategic advice are well understood, with day to day work including (but not being limited to):
- development of Corporate Finance presentations on both strategic options relating to existing engagements and potential client engagements
- development of valuation centric financial models, including using corporate finance techniques such as comparable analysis, DCF, break up analysis and real option analysis
- assisting in the development of materials such as briefing packs, Information Memoranda and similar
- being responsible for basic industry and opportunity research to support both existing and prospective client engagements
- report writing, with a focus on the development of insightful thinking and commercial understanding relating to potential corporate strategies
- supporting the progress of active & prospective client engagements, including in active undertaking analysis of various data, assisting with project management of deals and (in time) assisting with client interface.
LCC has a structured approach to professional development of junior talent, including both internal and external training initiatives.
Additional Candidate Requirements
In addition to outstanding academic qualifications, the successful candidate will also have a sound knowledge of Excel. Additionally having knowledge of Investment Banking Platforms including Bloomberg and Reuters Eikon would also be highly regarded - as these tools (amongst others) are used on a daily basis in our practice. Domestic travel is reasonably frequent and international travel periodic.
LCC Asia Pacific In The Community
As a boutique operation LCC strives to make a difference to community - be that through such initiatives as the United Nations Global Compact where LCC has been a long standing signatory and philanthropic support of a variety of charitable initiatives (ranging from orphanages through to social issues such as cyber bullying /cyberslander).
In particular we continue to be a large supporter of the Sydney Children's Hospital, Variety The Children's Charity as well as other charitable organisations.
We review all applications in detail, but only communicate with applicants with whom we would like to meet
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you worked in a role which requires experience with financial analysis and modelling?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Have you completed a qualification in business?