Advertiser: Hawkesbury River County CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Richmond & Hawkesbury
- $35 - $39.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Conservation, Parks & Wildlife
About the business
Hawkesbury River County Council is a local government organisation that covers one-third of the greater Sydney area. Our roles are focussed on landscape weed management, weeds regulation of the Biosecurity Act, environmental education and natural resource management.
About the role
This role is designed to help continue to grow our Landcare network in Western Sydney. You will be responsible for facilitating and guiding small groups to undertake Landcare activities such as bush regeneration, revegetation, soil health improvement or water quality monitoring.
Benefits and perks
You will work with a keen local community and passionate Landcare advocates. You will be supported by a small and focussed professional team of staff. Opportunities will exist for flexible work arrangements by negotiation.
Skills and experience
You will be able to competently facilitate small groups of people and be confident in your communication relating to a broad range of natural resource management issues. You will be well organised, accountable and act with integrity at all times.
So, if you are still interested you must read the HRCC Position Description located here: http://hrcc.nsw.gov.au
You must address the following essential criteria in the cover letter of your application (Max of four pages):
- Sound understanding of natural resource management issues within the region and empathy with the local community.
- Conservation & Land Management Cert III or equivalent
- More than three years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of community engagement processes including consultation, facilitation and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated experience achieving measurable results in a professional capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to work with integrity.
- Proven small group project management experience.
- Ability to prepare clearly written reports and grant applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software and the use of social media in a professional capacity.
- Ability and willingness to work outside office hours to contact landholders and attend community events.
- Current NSW drivers license.
Thanks for reading this far! I look forward to reading your application and resume.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?
- Have you worked in a role which requires experience with land rehabilitation methods? (e.g. bush regeneration)
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)