Assistant Hotel ManagerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Front Office & Guest Services
We are a growing hotel group and envision to be an influential industry leader. We are on the hunt for our next star assistant manager. You will be an experienced hotelier looking to take the next step up. Whilst you’ll be looking to take the next step up, this won’t be your first gig – we require an experienced hotel manager in a current role of; Rooms Division Manager, Operations Manager, Front Office Manager or similar. The right applicant can expect to be a hotel manager by the end of the year. Our boutique luxury property requires a hands-on driven leader to take the rains and run the property as if it’s your own business. We are a growing organisation, the successful applicant should expect to be a jack of all trades with a lean but growing team.
Key responsibilities include but are certainly not limited to:
- Hands on Guest Service Agent tasks including bar and room service
- Contribute to the ever-growing operations manual with company wide procedures & templates for best practices
- Responsible for all ordering ensure costs are manage accordingly
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Training, mentoring & development of all Front Office/Food & Beverage staff
- Liaising with Executive Housekeeper to ensure the highest standard of cleanliness & quality
- Assist in driving all things sales! Contribution to Sales & Marketing plans.
- Grow current Food & Beverage offering driving higher profitability
- Over see Reservations ensure maximum efficiencies
- Attend to minor maintenance tasks before contacting relevant trade
- Maintain an active & visible presence throughout the hotel
- Attend networking events such as local chamber of commerce’s
- Effectively monitor and manage the day to day operations of the business to ensure it remains within budget and business goals are achieved
- Optimising rostered labour
- Working to budget & variance reporting
- Developing training plans
- Inventory management
- Yielding and Revenue Management
- Sydney suburban market
- Property Management Systems such as; Opera, Newbook, RMS & Protel.
- Assa Abloy products
- Recruitment of all hotel personnel
- Business Development (desirable but not essential)
- Food & Beverage (desirable but not essential)
- Managing business social media
- Rostering and scheduling management
- Guest experience is your number 1 priority
- Enthusiastic and passionate about your people and the hospitality industry
- Current RSA & Food Handlers Certificate
- Full Australian working rights (no holiday or student visa’s accepted)
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Strong work ethic with aspiring leadership skills
- Ability to fully comprehend & transfer the company, parent company & owners’ vision into practices
- Polished telephone manner
- Approachable demeanor
- Business and tech savvy
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
- Do you have customer service experience?