Advertiser: Mideco JiaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- $70,000 - $84,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Mideco has been a recommended supplier in Australia for industrial and commercial dust extraction systems for the past 60 years.
We work with all types of businesses from mining companies, cement producers, quarries to fertilizer and grain manufacturers. Mideco provides innovative approaches and can supply a wide variety of dust control solutions that can solve your dust issues.
Whether you require Burnley® Baffles for a hopper dust issue, a Bat Booth™ for personnel de-dusting or one of our many dust collectors to maintain the air quality in your facility, we are prepared to work with you to ensure the best practice quality outcome.
About the job opportunity:
Mideco is now searching for a competent and motivated Estimating Engineer who will be in charge of collecting, analyzing data and generating information in order to estimate costs associated with manufacturing products, services and spare parts.
- Design dust control systems and ducting according the airflow, product being handled and application criteria.
- Investigate and identify cost reduction opportunities through cost analysis review and design changes
- Liaise with site supervisors and other engineers
- Cost control, monitoring products and forecasting costs to complete
- Manage and control of projects and documentation
To succeed, you will need:
- Possess Mechanical Engineering qualification
- Minimum of 2 years engineering / manufacturing experience
- Solid knowledge of MS Office (Word / Excel), CAD
- Understand costing
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Have good relationships with suppliers
- Maintaining and building strong relationships
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines with strong analytical skills
- Australian Driving License
by email only, inclusive of a covering letter specific to this role and a resume.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?