Advertiser: Hunter Valley Wine and Tourism AssociationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
The Hunter Valley of New South Wales is Australia’s most visited wine region with some 1.4 million visitors per year contributing over $502m annually to the local economy and provides 2,800 jobs. Australia’s oldest continuous wine region boasts 130 wine producers, over 2,300 hectares of vineyards, 27 restaurants and bars, 57 businesses providing transportation, tourism experiences and attractions and some 128 accommodation businesses and numerous convention facilities.
The Hunter Valley Wine & Tourism Association (HVWTA) is a not-for-profit, membership-based organisation. It is the peak industry body for increasing the Hunter Valley Wine Country and is the advocate for both the wine and tourism industries. Reporting to an industry-experienced, skills-based board, the association is seeking a General Manager to manage the next phase of growth for the organisation.
HVWTA Key Responsibilities:
Key representative body aiming at promoting the sustainability of the Hunter Valley wine tourism region responsible for
- Building a positive profile of the Hunter Valley Wine Country.
- Advocacy and providing a strong voice for industry at all levels of gov and with other key stakeholders.
- Wine & destination marketing promoting the Hunter Valley brand and increasing visitation.
- Education for productivity improvements for winemaking, viticulture and marketing.
- Industry protection through biosecurity and land-use planning.
- Collaborate with other key stakeholders to benefit Association members and the broader Hunter Valley Wine Country.
General Manager’s Key Responsibilities:
- Develop high quality business and marketing plans for board approval and subsequent execution.
- Ensure that the Board is provided with sufficient accurate information on a timely basis with respect to HVWTA’s performance, financial condition, operations and opportunities to enable the Board to meet its governance responsibilities and commitment to members.
- Report on and prepare appropriate submissions as required to meet our advocacy responsibilities.
- Maintain the primary relationships with our Association members and driving membership growth.
- Supporting the Board and Sub-committees to meet the organisations goals and objectives.
- Resourcing and managing effectively a team to deliver on Board approved plans.
- Fostering key relationships to leverage opportunities that benefit the Association members and delivers on our plans.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Management of a not-for-profit (preferably a membership-based organisation or medium size business).
- Good working knowledge of the Wine and/or tourism industries.
- Advocacy experience including to government.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining customer and stakeholder relationship.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- A business or marketing tertiary qualification.
Applications close COB Tuesday 3rd September 2019.
- How many years' experience do you have as a general manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- What's the largest size team you have managed?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?