Administration Officer and Student Support - Casual / part time
Advertiser: KUEENS INSTITUTEMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $22 - $29.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
The Administration and Student Support Officer is responsible to the Administration and Student Support Coordinator for the smooth and effective delivery of customer service and front office operations. The Administration and Student Support Officer is the initial point of contact for clients at Kueens Institute and is responsible for welcoming and providing support to all studying students and visitors to the organisation.
- Office Reception
- Administration/Student Support Services
- Delivering excellent customer service to clients, students, enquiries and visitors.
- Greet customers upon arrival (including offer a cool or warm drink);
- Answer all phone calls, and address email and walk in enquiries;
- Operate and maintain office equipment;
- Ensure all students and visitors to the college are safe;
- Ensure only authorised staff and students access classrooms;
- Ensure all brochures, business cards, enrolment forms and other business documentation is replenished and available at all times;
- Record accurately and distribute all messages to relevant staff in a timely manner;
- Maintain a clean reception area;
- Personal presentation is always of the highest standard (presentable clothing, grooming, language etc.);
- Handle basic course and enrolment enquiries using the enquiry form and referring the enquiry to the right staff member;
- Process applications for enrolment and issue offer letters and course acceptance agreements ;
- Refer other more complex enquiries after collecting basic details on the enquiry form.
- Post, fax and email information as required.
- Course progress sheets:
- Update and maintain the Student Support Systems;
- Follow up on student enquiries and requests.
- Pick up and file;
- Write up and post mail;
- Keep photocopier area tidy and photocopier paper replenished daily.
- print student materials as needed.
- Make up student files, work books, TPO books and training manuals and ensure stationery cupboard is fully stocked;
- Student sign in sheets to be prepared;
- Enter results in SMS for student assessments;
- Report and rectify any SMS errors;
- Certificates need to be available on the final day of training;
- Maintain database;
- Any other duties as directed.
Quality Management System
- Understand and fully comply with company policies and procedures;
- Where new documents or forms are created or existing documents edited, send to the Administration Coordinator for approval and version control prior to implementation;
- Deliver exceptional customer service and support.
- Use initiative to ensure a positive team work environment;
- Follows instructions from the Administration Coordinator;
- Establish and maintain a respectful, cooperative and productive work relationship with co-workers, supervisors and trainees;
- Value the input and know-how of other team members;
- Help co-workers learn and develop, assisting when needed;
- Keep commitments and act in a trustworthy and honest manner;
- Seek feedback, suggestions and constructive criticism in the spirit of assisting Kueens Institute to maintain an environment of continuous improvement across all of its operations.
- Participate in two internal professional development activities and two external professional development opportunities per year;
- Stay abreast of all industry developments that affect Kueens Institute operations and student learning and professional development.
- Show respect and sensitivity for people without regard to race, skin colour, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, religion or political affiliation;
- Support a non-discriminatory and harassment-free work environment;
- Work effectively and willingly with diverse co-workers and trainees.
This Position Reports to
Key Performance Indicators (to be measured at each performance appraisal):
- Student support service satisfaction levels (to be determined via written feedback) equal to or above 90%;
- Comply with all RTO standards and the National Code;
- All office equipment (including documentation) is maintained daily;
- Attendance and participation in all departmental meetings;
- Satisfactory completion of all professional development activities;
- Contributes to and participates in the maintenance of the Quality Management System;
- All filing is completed as required and accurately;
- All data entry is accurate at all times;
- All certificates, statements of attainment and licenses are available for collection when required;
- All administration stock (manuals, resources, journals etc.) are stocked in accordance with requirements;
- Front office area is clean and presentable at all times;
- All visitors sign in and out as required;
- Personal presentation is impeccable daily;
- Punctuality is equal to or above 90%;
- Exemplary attitude and conduct at all times.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
Previous work experience and knowledge of the Vocational Education Sector (RTO Experience preferred) and a combination of relevant education/training, administration and international student support experience.
Demonstrated experience of working effectively in large and small office environment with financial transactional and academic interaction and engagement.
Demonstrated experience of effective teamwork and ability to work well under minimal direct supervision.
Proven skills in multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and working with minimum supervision whilst having a high attention to detail and following established policy, procedure and guidelines.
Interacting with government regulators from time to time.
Intermediate IT skills including Office suite, data entry, keyboard and Multifunction printing Centres will also be an advantage.
The organisation is paying as per the award. The award for this industry is 'Education Award (post secondary) 2010' It is advised that you are familiar with the conditions of employment including the rate of pay which is captured under the title 'General Staff'.
A strong focus on customer service, maintaining standards and pride in work outcomes are essential. There will be a requirement for the successful candidate to 'get up to speed' quickly by knowing and executing the Standards for RTO's 2015 and the National Code 2018. Knowledge of the product and services we sell.
We work with International Students from all over the world but mainly India, Nepal, China.
Speak languages other than English desirable.
If you have an eye for detail, passion and drive this could be the role for you allowing you to gain knowledge and skills in the VET – Post secondary education sector.
If you believe that you can address all points listed above and would like the opportunity to attend an interview. Please apply.
Kueens Institute reserves the right to commence the recruitment process prior to the closing date.
Please note - it is a conditions precedent that you agree to participate in a required background check. This check may include;
- Right to Work in Australia
- Qualification or Professional Membership Verification checks
- Criminal History
Multiple reference check will be requested to appropriate candidates.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?